2019-20 Men's Lacrosse Roster
#18 Brian Willetts
Hometown Saint James, NY
High School Smithtown East
AS A SENIOR (2020 – Season Cancelled After Five Games Due to COVID-19)
- Started as an attackman in all five games in his shortened senior season.
- Totaled 10 points off of seven goals and three assists.
- Scored at least one goal in every game and had multiple points in four of five outings.
- Recorded a season-high three points (2G, 1A) against No. 16 Denver (3/7).
AS A JUNIOR (2019)
- Started all 16 games in the attack for Notre Dame during his third season.
- Ranked second on the team in goals scored, finding the back of the net 27 times in the 2019 campaign.
- Tied for third on the squad in points with 36 off 27 goals and nine assists.
- Scored at least one goal in 15 of 16 games, including nine multi-goal performances.
- Posted a career-high three goals against Maryland (3/3), Ohio State (3/23) and Duke (5/18).
- Scored the game-winning goal in overtime against Maryland (3/3).
AS A SOPHOMORE (2018)
- Started all 15 games for the Irish in 2018.
- Was fifth on the team with goals, posting 14.
- Recorded a hat trick in the ACC Tournament game against Virginia (4/29/18).
- Also ranked fifth in total points with 17 off of 14 goals and three assists.
- Picked up 10 ground balls, including a season-best three against Denver (3/10/18).
- Forced two turnovers on the season.
AS A FRESHMAN (2017)
- Played in 14 games in his first season with the Irish as an attackman.
- Scored four goals and added four assists to finish his freshman campaign with eight points.
- Racked up a season-high two assists in his Notre Dame debut in the win against Georgetown (2/18) in Frisco, Texas.
- Scored a goal and added an assist in the victory over Michigan (2/26).
PREP & PERSONAL
- Twelve-time NY State Scholar-Athlete
- Member of National Honor Society
- U.S. Lacrosse All-American senior year
- Captain of football and lacrosse teams
- Earned 11 varsity letters
- Played for the Under Armour All-American Senior North team
- Played for the Underclassmen Long Island team for the Under Armour All-American game
- Earned Long Island Player of the Year award
- Rated the No. 5 attackman for the incoming class by Inside Lacrosse
- Rated No. 9 overall player for the incoming class by Inside Lacrosse Power 100
- Attended Smithtown East for high school in New York
- Played Club Lacrosse with Team Smithtown Lacrosse
- Son of Donna and Tom, brother of Jenna and Alyssa
- Enrolled in First Year of Studies
- Resides in Saint James, New York.