2016-17 Track and Field Roster
Hometown Camp Hill, PA
High School Cedar Cliff
AS A JUNIOR:
- Led the team in Javelin in 2017, recording a season best 37.05m at the Louisville Invite.
AS A SOPHOMORE:
- Competed in four outdoor track and field meets.
- Won the javelin at the Billy Hayes Invitational (39.68m).
AS A FRESHMAN:
- Competed in four track and field meets exclusively during the outdoor season.
- Earned a third place finish in the javelin (36.40m) at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Graduated as valedictorian from Cedar Cliff High School (Camp Hill, Pennsylvania) in the spring of 2014.
- Named a track & field captain during her sophomore, junior and senior years.
- Qualified for districts in pole vault and javelin and qualified for state in javelin.
- Earned the United States Marine Corps Distinguished Athlete Award.
- Chairman and founder of high school’s first ever mini-thon, raising nearly $60,000 to benefit pediatric cancer patients.
- President of National Honor Society.
- Born in Camp Hill, Penn., to Robert and Amanda Whalen.
- Has two younger brothers and one younger sister.
- Enrolled in the College of Science and majoring in neuroscience and behavior.
LINK TO TFRRS PROFILE: