2018-19 Men's Lacrosse Roster
#9 Brendan Gleason
Weight 190 lbs.
Hometown Essex, VT
High School Essex
CAREER AWARDS & HONORS
- 2019 All-ACC Team
- 2019 USILA Honorable Mention All-American
- 2019 Inside Lacrosse Preseason Third Team All-American
- 2018 USILA All-America Honorable Mention
- 2018 Inside Lacrosse All-America Honorable Mention
- 2018 All-ACC Team
- 2017 ACC All-Tournament Team
AS A SENIOR (2019)
- Started all 16 games for Notre Dame during his senior season in the attack.
- Finished second on the team in points, totaling 38.
- Ranked third for the Irish in goals (26) and assists (12).
- Tied his career high for goals in a game with five in the win over UNC (4/20) on Senior Day.
- Recorded a five-point performance (4G, 1A) in the overtime victory over Maryland (3/3).
- Posted four hat tricks in the 2019 campaign.
AS A JUNIOR (2018)
- Appeared in 12 games for the Irish, starting seven.
- Ranked third on the team in points with 33, and fourth in goals with 19.
- Tied for the team lead in assists, tallying 14.
- Posted two four-goal efforts this season, against Denver (3/10/18) and Army (5/5/18).
- Recorded a season-high six points in the game against Army, tallying two assists along with his four goals.
- He put up six points three different times in 2018 – against Richmond (2/24/18), at Duke (4/27/18) and against Army (5/5/18).
- Fielded 13 ground balls and forced one turnover in 2018.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2017)
- Started all 15 games during his second season at Notre Dame as an attackman
- Enjoyed a breakout season, scoring a career-high 25 goals on the season to rank second on the team
- Ranked fourth on the team in points with 31, as he had six assists to go along with the aforementioned 25 goals
- Recorded a career-high five goals and an assist in the win over Marquette (5/14) in the first round of the NCAA Championship
- Posted a hat trick in three consecutive games – the first three of his career – against North Carolina (4/30), Army (5/6) and Marquette (5/14)
- Led the team in goals against Army (5/6) with four on the day
- Scored at least one goal in 12-of-15 games
AS A FRESHMAN (2016)
- Played in 13 games during his debut season at Notre Dame, totaling two goals and four ground balls in the midfield.
- Scored a goal in his first game with the Irish in the 14-5 win over Detroit (2/27) and found the back of the net in a highly contested 8-6 victory against Duke (4/10).
PREP AND PERSONAL
- Lettered in lacrosse, football and hockey at Essex High School in Essex, Vermont
- Served as captain for all three sports as season
- Led lacrosse team in scoring as junior and senior, earning MVP honors both seasons
- Four-time All-State honoree in lacrosse
- Played club for VTribe Lacrosse
- Leading scorer for Hornets hockey team that won a Vermont Division I state title in 2015
- Set single-season rushing and touchdown records during senior campaign in football in 2015
- Son of Matt and Kim Gleason
- Father Matt attended Notre Dame as a graduate student in 1991-93
- Cousin Andrew Gleason also attended Notre Dame (2008-12) and played midfield for the Irish lacrosse team
- Has three siblings–Courtney, Lindsey and Abbey
- Enrolled in the College of Science as a science-business major