2017-18 Men's Lacrosse Roster
#51 Brendan Collins
Weight 201 lbs.
Hometown Bethesda, MD
High School Georgetown Prep
AS A SENIOR (2018)
- Started all 15 games for the Irish.
- Scored nine goals, including a season-best two in back-to-back games against Virginia (4/29/18) and Army (5/5/18).
- Recorded 12 points off nine goals and three assists.
- Fired 37 shots, 23 of which were on goal.
- Picked up nine ground balls, including a season-high two against Army (5/5/18).
- Also forced a turnover in the Army game.
AS A JUNIOR (2017)
- Saw action in all 15 games for the Irish, earning one start
- Tied his career high for points in a season with 19
- Recorded a career-high nine goals on the season
- Racked up double-digit assists (10) for the second consecutive season
- Scored a career-high four goals in the NCAA Championship first round win over Marquette (5/14) at Arlotta Stadium to help lead the Irish to the 15-9 win.
- Recorded two assists in three consecutive games against Marquette (4/11), North Carolina (4/22) and Duke in the ACC Championship semifinals (4/28).
AS A SOPHOMORE (2016)
- Earned 13 starts in his second season with the Irish, finishing with seven goals, 12 assists, eight ground balls and four caused turnovers
- His 12 assists were tied for second and his 19 points ranked fifth on the Irish for the 2016 campaign
- Posted a career-high five points against Air Force (5/14) in the NCAA Tournament, with one goal and four assists
- Recorded the first multi-goal performance of his career with two goals and an assist in the 11-6 win over Bellarmine (2/24)
- Also notched three points at Ohio State (4/2) with a goal and two assists
AS A FRESHMAN (2015)
- Played in all 15 games in his first season with the Irish
- Scored first goal of career in the second game of the season at Michigan
- Recorded 15 ground balls on the year
PREP AND PERSONAL
- Joined the Fighting Irish in January of 2015
- Appeared at No. 24 in the Inside Lacrosse Power 100 Freshman ranking
- Named an Under Armour All-American
- Scored a goal in the Under Armour All-American Game
- Compiled 74 goals and 40 assists during his high school career
- Tallied 15 goals, 11 assists and 30 ground balls his senior season at Georgetown Prep
- Helped lead Georgetown Prep to a 19-1 mark and the league title during his final campaign
- Played in the Under Armour Underclass Lacrosse Classic, earning All-Tournament honors
- Two-time First Team All-Met selection … First Team All-Interstate Athletic Conference on two occasions
- Competed for FCA LC (Md.) and Blackwolf LC (Md.)
- Played varsity football his junior year
- Son of Steve and Carin Collins
- Father played football at the University of Delaware
- Has three siblings – older brother, Matt, was on the Fighting Irish lacrosse team from 2011-14
- Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business as a management consulting major.