#29 Bo Brauer
2017-18 AWARDS AND HONORS
• Charles “Lefty” Smith Coaches Award
AS A SENIOR
• Notched an assist in Notre Dame’s 4-0 win over Alabama Huntsville (Oct. 7), which was his first game of the season.
• Scored his first goal of the season to get the Irish on the board in an eventual 5-3 win over Penn State (Nov. 10).
• Scored his first career game-winning goal in Notre Dame’s 1-0 win over Penn State (Nov. 11).
• Posted his second career two-goal game in Notre Dame’s 5-3 victory at Penn State (Feb. 3), including the game winner.
• Scored in B1G title game victory over Ohio State (March 17).
• Blocked two shots in the Frozen Four victory over Michigan (April 5).
AS A JUNIOR
• Scored the first two goals of his career in Notre Dame’s season-opening 9-2 win over Arizona State (Oct. 7).
• Score Notre Dame’s second goal in the 4-4 overtime tie with Vermont (Feb. 3).
• Notched the first two assists of his career in Notre Dame’s 5-0 win over Providence in the Hockey East quarterfinals (March 10), marking the first two assists of his career.
• The Irish are 16-7-3 when he is in the lineup this season.
• Finished the season with three goals and two assists for a total of five points.
AS A SOPHOMORE
• Played in one game, making his season debut in Notre Dame’s 3-2 win over Northeastern (Nov. 12).
AS A FRESHMAN
• Played in two games, making his collegiate debut in Notre Dame’s 7-0 win over Niagara (Oct. 25).
• Made his Compton Family Ice Arena debut against Western Michigan (Jan. 10).
• Had two penalty minutes.
IN THE BCHL
• Joined the Irish after playing the 2013-14 season for the Nanaimo Clippers in the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL).
• As a rookie with Nanaimo, scored 19 goals with 16 assists for 35 points.
• Nanaimo lost in playoffs to a Powell River team that featured Brauer’s Notre Dame classmate Luke Ripley.
PREP & PERSONAL
• Graduated from Edina High School in Edina, Minnesota where he was a three-time letter-winner for the Hornets and coach Curt Giles.
• Captain of the Edina golf team as a senior.
• High school teammates with Steven Fogarty, Ben Ostlie and Connor Hurley.
• In 76 career games, scored 18 goals and added 27 assists for 45 points.
• Helped Edina to the 2012-13 Minnesota State 2A championship with a pair of assists in 4-2 win over Hill-Murray.
• Considers himself an avid muskie angler.
• His full name is William Wilken Brauer III and he is the son of William and Julie Brauer.
• Has one sister, Christie and a brother, J.R.
• His father played hockey at the University of Michigan and was drafted by the Montreal Canadiens, while his mother was a national paddleball champion.
• His sister played hockey at the University of Connecticut and brother is a senior at Edina High School and a standout baseball player.
• Born in Edina, Minnesota.
• Enrolled in Notre Dame’s Mendoza College of Business with a major in marketing.
Goals: 2 (2x – at Penn State 2/2/18)
Assists: 2 (vs. Providence College 3/10/17)
Points: 2 (2x – at Penn State 2/2/18)
Multi-point games: 4
Point streak: 2 games (2-0-2)