2018-19 Men's Soccer Roster
#10 Blake Townes
Weight 166 lbs.
Class Fifth Year
Hometown Canton, MI
High School Salem
AS A GRAD STUDENT (2018):
- Earned starts in 19 matches at a defensive midfield position and played in all 21 contests.
- Totaled four points on the season with a goal and two assists.
- Scored the opening goal in the victory over UConn.
AS A SENIOR (2017):
- Started all 20 matches for the Irish.
- Totaled six points with two goals and two assists.
- Had a career-high 23 shot attempts, with six landing on goal.
- Recorded an assist in Notre Dame’s 2-1 win over No. 5 Clemson.
- Scored goals in back-to-back games in the ACC Championship in wins against Pittsburgh in the first round and No. 3 North Carolina in the quarterfinals.
- Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll.
AS A JUNIOR (2016):
- ACC Academic Honor Roll selection.
- Started all 21 matches in the Irish midfield.
- Notched a career-high seven points with one goal and five assists.
- Attempted a career-high 16 shots for the year, with eight officially registering on goal.
- Primary assist on the second Notre Dame goal of the season against UC Irvine at the Mike Berticelli Memorial Tournament.
- Scored first career goal in the first half of a home victory against No. 15 Virginia Tech.
- Picked up four assists over two games, notching two each in consecutive clean sheet wins against Pittsburgh and No. 6 Indiana.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2015):
- Played in all 22 matches, earning two starts in the midfield during the season.
- Finished the year with three assists, adding six shot attempts.
- Tallied the lone assist on a double overtime goal in a 1-0 Irish defeat of No. 14 Indiana at the adidas/IU Credit Union Classic.
- Added two assists as part of a 4-0 win over UAB during the Mike Berticelli Memorial Tournament.
AS A FRESHMAN (2014):
- Did not see game action.
HIGH SCHOOL AND PERSONAL DATA:
- Member of U18 Crew Soccer Academy Wolves/Michigan Wolves in the United States Soccer Development Academy (USSDA) for three seasons.
- Two-time USSDA Finals Week qualifier and Central Conference champions in 2012 and 2013.
- Finished third nationally in 2012 and eighth nationally in 2013.
- 2012 USSDA Honoree.
- Best XI selected by US Soccer.
- 2013 USSDA #1 ranking starting percentage 100% (34 games).
- 2013 Top Drawer Soccer Best XI USSDA playoffs.
- Four-star ranking (out of five) according to Top Drawer Soccer.
- Ranked sixth in the Great Lakes Region.
- Ranked 50th nationally by College Soccer News.
- Two-time MLS Generation Adidas Cup selection (Columbus Crew).
- 2011 United States Youth Soccer Association (USYSA) Michigan State Cup Tournament MVP.
- Two-time USYSA Michigan State Cup Champion (game-winning goal).
- 2009 USYSA Region II champion.
- Six-time US Soccer Training Center participant.
- Two-year member of the Olympic Development Program (ODP) Region II midfielder representing USA.
- Played internationally in England and Canada with his club team.
- Three-time Michigan ODP team.
- ID2 selection.
- Earned varsity letters during his freshman and sophomore years at Salem High School.
- Team MVP and KLAA all-conference midfielder.
- Licensed youth soccer referee.
- A volunteer youth soccer coach.
- Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business, majoring in management consulting.