2018-19 Cross Country Roster
Hometown Cincinnati, Ohio
High School Saint Ursula Academy
AS A SENIOR:
- Grabbed 29th overall in the East with her finish at the preliminary meet.
- Finished 11th in the 10K at the ACC Championships with a time of 35:24.51
- Earned a spot at the NCAA East Region Prelims with a 10K time of 34:23.08 at the Penn Relays.
- Finished 17th at the ACC Indoor Championships with a 5K time of 17:11.50.
- Raced to an event victory in the 5000-meter run with a time of 16:25.57 at the Iowa State Classic.
- Began indoor season with a fifth-place finish in the 3000-meter run (9:45.08) at the Notre Dame Invitational.
- Repeated as champion of the National Catholic Invitational (5K) with a winning time of 17:24.30.
AS A JUNIOR:
- Earned All-ACC honors with a time of 16:23.36 in the 5000-meter run to place fifth at the ACC Outdoor Championships.
- Logged a PR time of 16:11.62 in the 5000-meter run at the Virginia Challenge.
- Set a PR in the 1500-meter run with a time of 4:31.41 outdoors at the Louisville Invitational.
- Crossed the finish line in eighth place with a time of 16:43.84 in the 5000-meter run at the ACC Indoor Championships.
- Opened the indoor season with a third-place result in the 3000-meter run (9:46.93) at the Notre Dame Invitational.
- Claimed all-region accolades after placing 16th with a time of 20:58.40 at the NCAA Division I Great Lakes Region Cross Country Championships (6K).
- Earned All-ACC honors with a 13th-place finish (20:28.30) at the ACC Cross Country Championships (6K).
- Raced to victory at the National Catholic Invitational (5K) with a time of 17:29.40.
AS A SOPHOMORE:
- Broke the top ten list of all time Irish runners in both the 5000m and 10,000m.
AS A FRESHMAN:
- Placed third in the National Catholic Invitational 5K (17:33.9).
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Graduated from Saint Ursula Academy in May 2015.
- Eight-time combined letterwinner in track & field and cross country.
- Three-time Girls Greater Cincinnati League Champion and Runner of the Year in cross country.
- Undefeated in cross country as a junior and senior.
- District, regional and state cross country champion as a junior in 2013.
- Named the Gatorade Ohio Runner of the Year as a junior.
- Two-time Women’s Sports Association of Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Sportswoman of the Year for cross country.
- Four-time Cincinnati Enquirer First Team All-Star and two-time CE Runner of the Year for cross country.
- Three-time 3,200m state indoor champion.
- Two-time 3,200m state outdoor champion.
- Two-time 1,600m district, regional and state champion.
- Set the state outdoor 3,200m record as a sophomore at 10:14.91 during the state championships.
- Three-time GGCL Runner of the Year for track.
- Placed third at the New Balance Indoor Nationals two-mile race as a junior.
- Placed second in the two-mile at the New Balance Outdoor Nationals as a sophomore.
- Three-time Cincinnati Enquirer Runner of the Year for track.
- Invited to Nike Elite Camp as a sophomore.
- Named the GGCL Scholar Athlete of the year as a senior.
- Selected as the Saint Ursula Outstanding Student-Athlete of the Year as a senior.
- Set school records in the 800m, 1,600m, mile, 3,200m and two-mile.
- Set city records in the 1,600m, 3,200m, mile and two-time (SWOTCCCA).
- Member of the National Honor Society.
- Daughter of Daniel and Debra Heffernan.
- Has an older brother, Dan.
- Enrolled in the First Year of Studies with plans to major in Neuroscience and Behavior with a supplementary major in Pre-Health.
LINK TO TFRRS PROFILE: