2018-19 Fencing Roster
High School Singapore Sports School/Penn Foster HS (Mass.)
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- 2019 NCAA Championships, Third Place in Women’s Foil
- 2019 First Team All-American
- 2019 ACC Champion, women’s foil
- 2019 All-ACC
- 2019 ACC Fencer of the Year in Women’s Foil
AS A FRESHMAN:
- Established herself as an integral member of Buckie Leach’s foil squad, finishing the season with a bronze medal at the National Collegiate Fencing Championships.
- Assembled a 25-2 dual record in her debut.
- Opened the year with a 10-2 performance at St. John’s.
- Went 9-0 at the Philadelphia Invitational.
- Posted a 6-0 mark during team play to help the Irish capture the ACC team title.
- Breezed through the competition to capture the ACC crown in women’s foil.
- Placed third at the NCAA Midwest Regional Championships to qualify for the national meet.
- Went 17-5 during round robins at the National Collegiate Fencing Championships to earn the fourth seed to direct elimination.
- Battled eventual national champion Sylvie Binder in the semifinal, eventually falling 15-12, good for a bronze medal.
- Named the ACC Fencer of the Year for women’s foil.
- Earned a monogram.
PREP & PERSONAL
- Graduated from the Singapore Sports School & Penn Foster High in spring of 2018
- Has fenced for Z Fencing Pte Ltd and Marx Fencing Academy
- Represented country at the cadet World Championship as a freshman, sophomore and junior, placing fifth as a sophomore and third as a junior
- Won bronze medal at the Asian Fencing Championship for cadet foil individual as a high school freshman
- Won gold medals for cadet and junior events at the Commonwealth Fencing Championship as a high school freshman
- Won gold medals at the Asian Fencing Cadet Championship for individual and team events as a high school sophomore
- Won gold at the Southeast Asian games as a junior
- Won medals at two Junior World Cups (silver in Guatemala and gold in Havana)
- Research member and volunteer for Red Arrow Consulting Pte Ltd.
- Assisted with the historical documentation of a conserved area in Singapore
- Undertook “Project Read” for kids from financially challenged backgrounds
- Assisted the Singapore Federation with the promotion of fencing for schools in Singapore
- Received the EAGLES award from the Singapore parliament for leadership, community service, character and achievements
- Received the Sports Girl of the Month and Sports Girl Award with distinction from the Singapore Ministry of Education
- Daughter of the late Eric and Uma Berthier
- Has an older brother, Ashok, and two older sisters, Aishwarya and Aarya
- Will enter the First Year of Studies program and intends to major in business