2020-21 Football Roster
#91 Adetokunbo Ogundeji
Height 6-4 3/8
Class Graduate Student
Hometown West Bloomfield, MI
High School Walled Lake Central
HONORS & AWARDS
- Team Captain (2020)
- All-ACC Honorable Mention
- Pro Football Focus Preseason All-ACC Third Team (2020)
- Reese’s Senior Bowl Top 250 (2020)
GRADUATE SEASON (2020)
- Started and tallied two tackles, as well as a QB hurry, in the season-opening win vs. Duke (9/12).
- Started and posted one tackle in the 52-0 win vs. South Florida (9/19).
- Started and tallied 2.0 sacks (-9 yards), four tackles (three solo) and one QBH in the win vs. Florida State (10/10); led the defense in sacks, marking the second time in his career that he has posted two sacks in a single game.
- Started in the 12-7 win vs. Louisville (10/17).
- Started and posted a QBH in the 45-3 win at Pitt (10/24).
- Started and totaled 1.0 sack (-4 yards) and four tackles in the 31-13 win at Georgia Tech (10/31).
- Started and posted a tackle and 0.5 sack in the 47-40 2OT win over then-No. 1 Clemson (11/7). The 0.5 sack came on Clemson’s final drive of 2OT to seal the win.
- Started and recorded two tackles and a QB hurry in the 45-31 win at Boston College (11/14).
- Started and posted three tackles and 2.0 sacks in the 31-17 win at No. 19 North Carolina (11/27). Ogundeji posted 2.0 sacks, bringing his season total to 5.5. His 2.0 sacks tied a career-high. Entering the game, Notre Dame and North Carolina were tied for second in the ACC in rushing offense, with 233.5 yards per game. The Irish held UNC to just 87 yards. It was the fewest rushing yards for the Tar Heels since 2017 against NC State (83 yards). Ogundeji led a defensive line that continues to be the top-ranked rushing defense in the ACC, now allowing just 85.3 yards per game, which ranks fourth in the FBS. North Carolina is the sixth-straight opponent that the Irish have held to 100 rushing yards or fewer. UNC entered the game averaging 563 yards per game. Notre Dame held Carolina to 298 yards of total offense, the first time they have been limited to 400 yards or less this season. The Irish shutout the Tar Heels in the second half, the first time North Carolina has been shut out in any half this season. Just three other ACC players posted 2.0 sacks this weekend, and only one of those players, in addition to Ogundeji, was part of a team that won this weekend.
- Started and posted three tackles and a forced fumble in the 41-25 regular season finale win over Syracuse (12/5).
- Started and posted two tackles, 1.0 sack and a QBH in the ACC Championship game (12/19).
SENIOR SEASON (2019)
- Played in all 13 games, earning a start against Stanford
- Had the second-best overall defensive grade on the team for 2019 per Pro Football Focus (82.2)
- Totaled 34 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 4.5 sacks, 5 QB hurries, three forced fumbles and a fumble recovery
- Recorded sacks in each of the last three games, two against Boston College, two against Stanford and one in the Camping World Bowl against Iowa State
- Forced fumbles against Louisville, Boston College and Stanford
JUNIOR SEASON (2018)
- Played in all 13 games with 22 total tackles
- Owns three tackles for loss, one break-up and one QB hurry
- Forced a fumble in win over Florida State
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2017)
- Appeared in five games
FRESHMAN SEASON (2016)
- One of nine scholarship freshmen who did not see the field
- Joined Ian Book, Liam Eichenberg, Tony Jones Jr., Jonathan Jones, Tommy Kraemer, Deon McIntosh, D.J. Morgan and John Shannon as first-year players who helped the Irish on their respective scout teams
HIGH SCHOOL AND PERSONAL DATA:
- Entered Notre Dame at just 17 years of age
- Senior season in 2015 was cut short after just four games due to a knee injury
- Registered 68 tackles, nine sacks, 17 passes defended and four fumble recoveries as a junior in 2014
- Detroit Free Press All-North High School Football honorable mention
- Helped Walled Lake Central to a 9-4 record in 2014 and a run into the Michigan high school playoffs
- No. 100-ranked defensive end by Scout.com, No. 63-ranked defensive end by ESPN.com and No. 42-ranked weak side defensive end by 247Sports.com
- Michigan’s No. 18-ranked player by 247Sports, No. 11-ranked player by ESPN and No. 32-ranked player by Rivals
- No. 22-ranked senior player in the state of Michigan by the Lansing State Journal
- Played for coach Bob Meyer at Walled Lake Central High School
- Enrolled in the College of Arts and Letters, majoring in design