The No. 8-seed Irish open the ACC Tournament against No. 9-seed Boston College in the first round at 2 p.m. ET on Tuesday, Nov. 5. The match will be broadcast on ACCN and also be available via the WatchESPN app (subscription required).
NOTRE DAME vs. BOSTON COLLEGE
Location: Notre Dame, Indiana | Alumni Stadium
Tickets: Click Here
Live Stream: ACCN
Live Stats: Click Here
Twitter Updates: @NDMenSoccer
Game Notes: vs. Boston College
THE IRISH IN THE ACC TOURNEY
• Notre Dame will host an early round ACC Championship match for the seventh straight season when Boston College comes to Alumni Stadium on Tuesday.
• The Irish have reached at least the tournament quarterfinals in all six seasons as a member of the ACC.
• Notre Dame has hosted at least one home conference tournament match in 18 of the past 19 seasons.
• The Irish are 6-1 in ACC tournament home matchups since joining the conference in 2013, outscoring opponents by an aggregate 15-3 goal count.
• Notre Dame is attempting to reach the semifinal round or beyond in the ACC Championship for the fifth time in seven seasons as a conference member.
• The Irish have made three ACC tournament semifinal appearances in 2013, 2014 and 2017 and hosted the championship final in 2015 at Alumni Stadium.
THE BOSTON COLLEGE SERIES
• The Irish and Eagles will meet on the pitch for the 15th time on Tuesday afternoon.
• The Irish have a commanding lead in the series at 9-4-1.
• Notre Dame is 5-2-0 against Boston College when playing at home.
• The Irish won the most recent meeting in the series by a score of 1-0 on Sept. 28, 2018 at Alumni Stadium, as Aiden McFadden scored the match winner in the second half.
SIGNATURE WIN AT WAKE FOREST
• The Irish recorded a big 1-0 win against No. 2 Wake Forest in Winston-Salem on Oct. 26.
• Notre Dame’s win over the No. 2 team in the country was its first against a top two team since knocking off No. 1 Wake Forest on the road on Nov. 11, 2015 in the ACC Championship semifinals.
• The Irish became the first team to defeat the Demon Deacons in a regular-season ACC match at Spry Stadium since the Irish also accomplished the feat in 2013.
• The Irish handed the Demon Deacons their first home defeat of the 2019 season and was just the second team to record a clean sheet against Wake Forest this season.
• Duncan Turnbull was named the ACC Defensive Player of the Week after recording five saves and a clean sheet in the victory.
• Patrick Coleman scored the game-winning goal in the 21st minute, the first of his career.
LYNN LEADING THE LINE
• Sophomore striker Jack Lynn has enjoyed a breakout season in 2019, scoring a team-high nine goals to lead the Irish attack.
• Lynn is in top form entering Tuesday’s fixture, scoring five goals in the last six games.
• After scoring goals in wins over Seattle and Denver the sophomore was named the Mike Berticelli Memorial Tournament MVP.
• The striker recorded the first brace of his career with two goals in the win over Purdue Fort Wayne.
• Lynn scored the match winners to beat No. 21 Duke in the 65th minute on Oct. 11 and to defeat Pitt in the 17th minute on Nov. 1.
• The sophomore leads the ACC and ranks fourth nationally in game-winning goals on the season with five.
• Lynn has far surpassed his goal tally from last season (three goals).
• Felicien Dumas has scored three free-kick goals and added four assists this season (three coming off set pieces).
• The graduate student has free kick goals against Seattle, Clemson and DePaul and has assists against Saint Louis, Seattle and Purdue Fort Wayne.
• The goal against DePaul found the back of the net with just five seconds left on the clock in regulation to deliver the Irish a 1-0 victory.
• Dumas scored the goal of the season for the Irish in 2018, curling an effort into the top right corner in a 3-2 win over Syracuse.
• Dumas is the active leader for career assists with 18.
• The graduate student was named the ACC Defensive Player of the Week on Oct. 14 after helpint the Irish backline to shutout victories over No. 21 Duke and Purdue Fort Wayne.
UNITED SOCCER COACHES MEN’S TEAM ACADEMIC AWARD RECIPIENT
• Notre Dame has been named a recipient of the United Soccer Coaches Men’s Team Academic Award for the 19th time in the last 20 seasons.
• To qualify for the award, a team must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) to be eligible.
• The Irish have earned the award more than any other ACC team since the inception of the honor in 1996.
• The Irish have scored three goals in the first 10 minutes of matches this season.
• In the season opener Notre Dame scored a goal in the second minute (1:12) of play, marking the quickest goal to start a season in program history.
• Freshman Mohammad Abualnadi scored the first goal off a rebound from a Felicien Dumas free kick.
• The goal scored at 1:12 is tied for the second fastest goal scored to open a match since 1995.
• The Irish have scored first in 11 of 16 matches this season and have dropped just one match when scoring the first goal (9-1-1).
ONE OF THE TOUGHEST SCHEDULES IN THE COUNTRY
• The Irish have never shied away from playing a challenging slate of opponents and the 2019 schedule is no different.
• Notre Dame has or will play four of the top 10 ranked teams in the latest United Soccer Coaches poll in No. 2 Clemson, No. 4 Virginia, No. 7 Wake Forest and No. 10 Indiana.
• Ten of the sides the Irish are scheduled to face qualified for the 2018 NCAA tourney
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA