Dec. 21, 2015
University of Notre Dame Men’s Basketball
Notre Dame 87, Youngstown State 78
Dec. 21, 2015
Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center – Notre Dame, Indiana
- Notre Dame moves to 3-0 against Youngstown State, as well as 50-6 all-time versus current members of the Horizon League.
- Brey is 340-168 during his career at Notre Dame and 439-220 overall as head coach.
- Bonzie Colson (So./F), Steve Vasturia (Jr./G), Zach Auguste (Sr./F), Demetrius Jackson (Jr./G) and V.J. Beachem (Jr./F) started the contest for Notre Dame. The Irish are 8-3 this season with that starting quintet.
- Four players scored in double figures for the Irish: Jackson (17), Beachem (16), Colson (14) and Auguste (13).
- With a three-pointer at the 13:34 mark of the first half, V.J. Beachem extended the Irish streak to 558 consecutive games with a three-point field goal.
- Notre Dame led 41-33 at halftime. The Fighting Irish are 7-2 when leading after the first 20-minute stanza.
- The Irish shot 53 percent (32-60) from the field and 25 percent (6-24) from three-point range. Notre Dame converted 17-24 (71 percent) from the charity stripe.
- The Irish are 5-0 in contests in which they shoot 50 percent or better from the field, including four of their last five games.
- Notre Dame outrebounded Youngstown State, 35-33. The Fighting Irish are 7-1 when owning an advantage on the boards this season.
- The Irish held a definitive 48-24 advantage over Indiana in points earned in the paint.
- Notre Dame converted 25 points off Youngstown State turnovers. Overall, the Penguins committed 14 turnovers.
- With 21 assists earned, the Irish recorded a career high.
Demetrius Jackson (Jr./G)
- Jackson has posted double-digit point totals in 10 of 11 games this season.
- He has reached double-digits in scoring 47 times during his collegiate career, including 10 occasions this season.
Steve Vasturia (Jr./G)
- Vasturia dished out a career-high eight assists against Youngstown State. His previously registered four assists on four occasions with the Irish.
V.J. Beachem (Jr./F)
- Beachem has connected from behind the arc in each game this season.
- Beachem secured 16 points. He has reached double figures in 19 games during his collegiate career.
- With three blocked shots, Beachem earned a career high. He previously posted two blocks versus Indiana (12/19/15).
- Beachem tied a career high with two steals.
Zach Auguste (Sr./F)
- Auguste has registered a double-double in seven of 11 games for the Irish this season and 12 contests overall during his career. He also has finished with 10 or more rebounds on 14 occasions.
- Auguste has scored in double figures in nine of 11 games this season and 48 times during his career.
Matt Farrell (So./G)
- With one steal, Farrell tied a career high.
Bonzie Colson (So./F)
- Colson has registered double figures in scoring in eight contests this season and 13 games overall during his career.
Rex Pflueger (Fr./G)
- Pflueger secured a career-high two rebounds.
- Pflueger registered his first career steal in the first 20-minute stanza against Youngstown State. He added another pair in the second half for an overall total of three.