Jan. 23, 2016
Notre Dame 76 (14-5, 5-2 ACC), Boston College 49 (12-8, 4-3 ACC)
January 23, 2016
Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center – Notre Dame, Ind.
- All-time series: Notre Dame leads, 17-10
- Notre Dame vs. Boston College at Purcell Pavilion: 11-4
- First meeting: Feb. 7, 1963, a 74-66 home game victory for Notre Dame.
- Notre Dame has posted seven consecutive wins over Boston College, dating back to the 2004 season.
- Notre Dame is 25-18 in ACC regular-season play after two-plus seasons in the conference.
- Steve Vasturia (Jr./G), Zach Auguste (Sr./F), Demetrius Jackson (Jr./G), V.J. Beachem (Jr./F) and Matt Ryan (Fr./F) started the contest for Notre Dame. The Irish are 4-0 this season with that starting quintet.
- Five players reached double figures in scoring for the Irish: Bonzie Colson (16 points), Vasturia (16), Beachem (14), Rex Pflueger (11) and Auguste (10). The last time five players reached double figures for the Irish was also against Boston College (1/7/16).
- With a 3-pointer at 17:44 in the opening half, Ryan extended the Irish streak to 566 consecutive games with a 3-point field goal.
- Notre Dame led 34-29 at halftime. The Irish are 11-2 this season when leading after the first 20-minute stanza.
- The Notre Dame defense limited Boston College to 49 points in the game. The point total was the lowest amount allowed by the Irish in an ACC contest. The Eagles’ field goal percentage, 29 percent (16-56), was also an all-time low allowed by the Irish in ACC play.
- The Irish were limited to eight turnovers in the game. This season, Notre Dame has recorded 10 or fewer turnovers on 12 occasions.
- Notre Dame outrebounded Boston College, 36-33. The Irish are 12-1 this season when holding an advantage on the boards.
- Notre Dame held a 28-14 advantage over Boston College in points scored in the paint.
- The Irish outscored Boston College 30-18 in bench points.
- Brey is now 346-170 during his career at Notre Dame and 445-222 overall as a head coach.
- At the helm of the Notre Dame program, Brey owns a 9-1 record over Boston College.
Zach Auguste (Sr./F)
- With 10 points and 10 rebounds, Auguste posted his 11th double-double performance this season and the 16th of his career.
- Auguste has secured double-figure points in 15 of 19 games this season. Over the course of his career, he has posted 54 double-figure outings.
- The game marked Auguste’s 13th contest with 10-plus rebounds this season (19th career).
- The Marlborough, Mass., native has scored in double figures in all six career games against the Eagles.
- Auguste tied a season high with three steals.
Bonzie Colson (So./F)
- Colson secured 14 points on 6-9 shooting in the first half alone. He has reached double figures in 19 games throughout his career, including 14 contests this season. He ultimately totaled 16 points.
- Colson, who hails from New Bedford, Mass., has posted double digits in scored in three of his four games vs. Boston College
- He tied a career high with three assists – a mark he has achieved on four occasions.
V.J. Beachem (Jr./F)
- Beachem registered his 22nd career double-digit scoring performance. He has reached the mark 11 times this season.
Steve Vasturia (Jr./G)
- With 16 points vs. Boston College, Vasturia has secured double digits in 16 of 19 games this season. His career total for double-digit performances is 41.
- Vasturia connected on a career-high nine free throws vs. Boston College (9-10). He earned his previous best mark of six on four occasions.
Rex Pflueger (Fr./G)
- Pflueger netted a career-high 11 points. His previous best of seven points was established at Duke (1/16/16).
- The game was Pflueger’s first double-digit scoring performance. He was perfect from the field (3-3), behind the arc (1-1) and with free throws (4-4).
- He tied a career high with three rebounds.
Matt Ryan (Fr./F)
- Ryan has connected from behind the arc in 16 of 19 games this season.