Nov. 29, 2015
University of Notre Dame Men’s Basketball
Alabama 74, No. 17/18 Notre Dame 73
Nov. 29, 2015
HP Fieldhouse at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- Bonzie Colson (So./F), Steve Vasturia (Jr./G), Zach Auguste (Sr./F), Demetrius Jackson (Jr./G) and V.J. Beachem (Jr./F) started the contest for Notre Dame for the sixth straight contest. The Irish are 4-2 this season with that starting lineup.
- The matchup Sunday evening with Alabama was the fifth meeting between the two schools and the third on a neutral site. Notre Dame leads the series 3-2.
- Notre Dame recorded its only other loss to Alabama on the hardwood on Dec. 27, 2001 in New Orleans. The Crimson Tide defeated the Fighting Irish 79-76.
- Notre Dame moves to 46-72 against current members of the South Eastern Conference.
- The last time Notre Dame registered a one-point loss was Nov. 23, 2014 against Providence College, 74-75.
- Four players scored in double figures for the Irish: Vasturia (18 points), Jackson (16), Auguste (16), Beachem (13).
- With a three-pointer at the 19:11 mark of the first half, Steve Vasturia extended the Irish streak to 553 consecutive games with a three-point field goal.
- Alabama led 43-39 at halftime, marking the first time this season the Fighting Irish have trailed after the first half.
- Notre Dame’s nine turnovers marked the third game this season the Irish had fewer than 10 turnovers in a game.
- The Fighting Irish were outrebounded by the Crimson Tide, 34-32. It was the second time this season Notre Dame has been outrebounded by an opponent.
- Notre Dame scored 15 points off 12 Alabama turnovers.
- Alabama’s Retin Obasohan led all scorers with 19 points.
Steve Vasturia (Jr./G)
- Vasturia totaled a season-high 18 points in the contest, recording his 31st career outing in double figures.
- He has reached double figures in all six Notre Dame contests this season.
Demetrius Jackson (Jr./G)
- Jackson finished the game with 16 points. He registered double figures for the sixth time this season and 43rd time during his career.
V.J. Beachem (Jr./F)
- With 13 points, Beachem registered the 15th double figure outing of his collegiate career.
Zach Auguste (Sr./F)
- Auguste finished with 16 points. He has scored in double figures in five of six games this season.
- Adding 10 rebounds to his 16 points, Auguste earned his fourth double-double six contests. It was the ninth double-double of his career.
Matt Ryan (Fr./F)
- Ryan tied a career high with two assists.