Feb. 11, 2012
- Today was the 102nd meeting all-time between Notre Dame and DePaul. The Fighting Irish lead the series 58-44. The Irish have won the last seven in the series. Notre Dame is 8-2 against DePaul since the Blue Demons joined the BIG EAST in 2005. DePaul is 0-5 at Notre Dame since joining the league.
- Today was Notre Dame’s sixth-straight victory. It’s the longest win streak for the Irish since they won seven-straight contests last season (Jan. 19, 2011-Feb. 12, 2011).
- Notre Dame’s 84 points were the most for the Irish in a BIG EAST game this season and the most overall since scoring 106 points versus Sacred Heart on Dec. 19.
- The Irish shot 59.6% (31-52) from the field against the Blue Demons. That percentage is the highest for Notre Dame in BIG EAST play this season.
- Junior forward Jack Cooley became the first Notre Dame player to score 20-plus points in back-to-back BIG EAST games since Ben Hansbrough did so in five straight games last season.
- Eric Atkins (So./G), Pat Connaughton (Fr./G), Jack Cooley (Jr./F), Jerian Grant (So./G) and Scott Martin (Sr./G) started today’s contest. It was the sixth straight game – and sixth time overall this season – that quintet has started. The Irish are 6-0 with that starting lineup. No Notre Dame player has started every game. Grant and Martin both have a team-high 24 starts this season.
- The game was tied 34-34 at halftime. It was the first time this season Notre Dame had a game tied at the intermission.
- Notre Dame outrebounded DePaul 33-23. The Fighting Irish are 11-0 this season when out-rebounding their opponent.
- Notre Dame is 13-1 at home, 4-3 in true road games and 0-4 in neutral site contests this season.
- The Irish are 32-1 in their last 33 home games.
- A Jerian Grant three-pointer in the first half upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 433.
Eric Atkins (Sr./G)
- Scored in double-figures (14 points) for the 16th time this season (eighth time in BIG EAST play)
Jack Cooley (Jr./F)
- Posted his second straight double-double with a career-high tying 22 points and 14 rebounds … he has a team-best eight double-doubles this season (six in BIG EAST play) … it is the third time this season that he has registered back-to-back double-doubles (all three occasions have come in BIG EAST play)
- The 22 points were the most he’s ever scored in a BIG EAST game … the previous high was 21 on Wednesday at West Virginia
- His 14 rebounds matched a career-high total in BIG EAST play … he also had 14 boards versus Pittsburgh in this season’s league opener (Dec. 27)
- Shot 10-for-12 from the field … the 10 made field goals were a career-high total … his previous high was nine on two occasions
- Today was his fourth 20-plus point game of the season (and career) … it marked the second time this season that he had back-to-back 20-plus point efforts (he scored 21 on Wednesday at West Virginia) … he scored 22 points in consecutive games against Maine (Dec. 8) and Dartmouth (Dec. 10)
- He has a team-best four 20-plus point efforts this season
- He has scored in double-figures 12 times this season (seven times in BIG EAST play)
- Today was his team-best 10th double-digit rebounding effort of the season (seventh in BIG EAST play)
- Matched a career-high total with four blocked shots
Jerian Grant (So./G)
- Scored a career-high 22 points … his previous high was 20 against both Georgia (Nov. 22) and Maryland (Dec. 4) this season
- Has scored in double-figures in six straight games … that matches a career-best streak
- Scored in double-figures for a team-best 20th time this season (10 times in BIG EAST play)
- Was 8-for-8 from the free throw line