Nov. 28, 2015
- Bonzie Colson (So./F), Steve Vasturia (Jr./G), Zach Auguste (Sr./F), Demetrius Jackson (Jr./G) and V.J. Beachem (Jr./F) started the contest for Notre Dame for the fifth straight contest. The Irish are 4-1 this season with that starting lineup.
- Tonight’s matchup marked the 15th meeting between the Irish and the Hawkeyes. With the victory, the Irish now lead the all-time series 9-6.
- Prior to Friday evening, the last meeting took place on Dec. 3, 2013 in Iowa City in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. Iowa won the contest 98-93. Heading into the contest, the Hawkeyes had won five of the last six matchups. Prior to tonight, Notre Dame’s last victory in the series came on Nov. 17, 1990 at Notre Dame in the third round of the preseason NIT. The Irish won the game 77-68.
- The Irish are 267-232-1 all-time versus teams from the Big Ten Conference.
- V.J. Beachem hit Notre Dame’s first three-pointer of the game at 14:31 which extended the Fighting Irish streak to 552 consecutive contests. The last time Notre Dame failed to make a three pointer in a game was against Connecticut (in a 101-70 loss) on Jan. 12, 1998.
- Notre Dame had five players in double figures for the second consecutive and third time this season.
- The Irish limited the Hawkeyes to 37.9% shooting, the third game an opponent has shot under 40.0 percent in five game.
- Notre Dame’s defense limited Iowa to a season-low 62 points in the contest.
- Notre Dame’s seven turnovers marked the second game this season the Irish had fewer than 10 turnovers in a game.
- Iowa held a 40-36 advantage on the backboards. It was the third time this season Notre Dame was outrebounded in a game.
Demetrius Jackson (Jr./Guard)
- Demetrius Jackson finished the game with 12 points. He registered double figures for the fifth time this season and 42nd time during his career.
V.J. Beachem (Jr./Forward)
- V.J. Beachem’s reached double figures for the second time in as many game as he finished with 16 points. He has scored in double figures in three contests this season and 14 times during his career.
Zach Auguste (Sr./Forward)
- Zach Auguste finished with 11 rebounds. That marked the fourth time in five games that he grabbed 10 or more rebounds.
- Auguste has hauled in 10-plus rebounds in 10 career games.
Steve Vasturia (Jr./Guard)
- Steve Vasturia finished the game with 11 points. He has scored in double figures in all five games this season.
- Vasturia ended the 2014-15 campaign by netting double figures in each of his last three outings. His current eight-game double-figure scoring streak is the longest of his career.
- He has netted double figures in 30 career outings.
Bonzie Colson (So./Forward)
- Bonzie Colson’s reached double figures for the fourth consecutive game as he finished with 11 points. It is the longest double-figure scoring streak of his career.
- Colson has scored in double figures in nine career outings.
Matt Ryan (Fr./Forward)
- Matt Ryan finished with a career-high 11 points and was the first double-figure scoring effort of his career.