Dec. 30, 2009
Notre Dame vs. Providence
Dec. 30, 2009 | Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center | Notre Dame, Ind.
- This is the 23rd meeting all-time between Notre Dame and Providence. The Irish are now 14-9 against the Friars.
- The Irish are now 9-6 all-time in BIG EAST openers.
- Irish head coach Mike Brey recorded his 200th career win at Notre Dame. He needs just one win to reach 300 for his career.
- Notre Dame notched 53 points in the first half, its highest total for any half this season.
- The Irish set a new first-half record in a BIG EAST game with 15 assists against Providence.
- Notre Dame scored 90+-points for the sixth time this season.
- Five Irish players scored in double figures for the third time this season. The last time five players notched doubles figures against a BIG EAST team was Feb. 4, 2009 against Cincinnati.
- Notre Dame hit 11 three-pointers against the Friars, the most in a BIG EAST game since its Feb. 21, 2009 matchup with Providence.
- The Irish had two 20+-point scorers in a BIG EAST game for the first time since the Feb. 21 contest against the Friars.
- With 19 points and 13 rebounds, senior forward Luke Harangody set an all-time Irish record with 57 double-doubles for his career.
- Senior guard Jonathan Peoples tied a Purcell Pavilion record with 5-of-5 shooting from beyond the three-point arc.
- Peoples also scored a career-high 23 points, including a career-high five treys, against Providence.
- Senior guard Ben Hansbrough recorded his first career double-double with 10 points and a career-high 10 assists. He also notched a career-high eight rebounds.
- Junior forward Tim Abromaitis set a career high with five treys against Providence and scored 20+-points for the third time this season.
- Abromaitis also set a career high with seven rebounds.