Dec. 17, 2011
2011-12 Notre Dame Men’s Basketball
#18/20 Indiana 69, Notre Dame 58
Close the Gap Crossroads Classic
December 17, 2011
Conseco Fieldhouse – Indianapolis, Ind.
- Today was the 69th meeting all-time between Notre Dame and Indiana. The Hoosiers lead the series 48-21.
- Eric Atkins (So./G), Jack Cooley (Jr./F), Alex Dragicevich (So./G), Jerian Grant (So./G) and Scott Martin (Sr./G-) started today’s contest. It was the first time that quintet has started this season. Notre Dame has used eight different starting lineups this season (in 12 games played). Grant and Martin both have a team-high 11 starts this season.
- Notre Dame trailed 26-20 at halftime. The Irish are 1-5 this season when trailing at the intermission.
- Notre Dame held Indiana to just 26 first-half points. That marked the fourth time this season that the Irish have held an opponent to under 30 points in the first half – Sam Houston State (16), Dartmouth (24) and Bryant (28) were the other contests.
- Notre Dame’s four first-half field goals matched an Irish low in a first half during the Mike Brey era. The Fighting Irish also made just four first-half baskets against St. John’s last season (1/16/11).
- The 20 first-half points were the fewest this season for the Irish in any half of play. The previous low was 21 in the second half of the Missouri contest (Nov. 21). The previous first-half low was 22 versus Gonzaga (Nov. 30).
- An Alex Dragicevich three-pointer early in the first half upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 420.
- Notre Dame is 38-62 against ranked opponents under head coach Mike Brey.
- The Fighting Irish are 4-4 in Indianapolis during the Mike Brey era.
- The Irish are 61-15 in December under head coach Mike Brey.
Eric Atkins (So./G)
- Scored in double-figures (15 points) for the seventh time this season – has led Notre Dame in scoring a team-best five times this season
Jack Cooley (Jr./F)
- Scored in double-figures (12 points) for the third straight game and for the fourth time overall this season. The three-game double-digit scoring streak is a career-best.
Alex Dragicevich (So./G)
- Matched a career-high total with three made three-pointers … has hit three treys on two other occasions
Jerian Grant (So./G)
- Scored in double-figures (14 points) for the ninth time this season. That is a team-best total.
Scott Martin (Sr./G)
- Returned to the Irish lineup after missing the last game (Dartmouth) with a mild concussion.