Nov. 24, 2009
Notre Dame vs. Kennesaw State
Nov. 24, 2009 – Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center – Notre Dame, Ind.
- This is the first meeting all-time between Notre Dame and Kennesaw State. The Irish are now 1-0 against the Owls.
- Notre Dame is 8-0 all-time against teams from the Atlantic Sun Conference.
- The Irish start the season 5-0 for the first time since 2001-02.
- Notre Dame has scored at least 80 points in all five games this season for the first time since the 1978-79 campaign.
- Notre Dame has made at least five three-pointers in 20 consecutive games, the longest active streak in the BIG EAST. Louisville is second with 10 straight games with five or more from beyond the arc.
- With his 15 rebounds against the Owls, senior forward Luke Harangody became just the fifth player in Notre Dame history to record 1,000 rebounds. He now has 1,001 for his career.
- With 29 points and 15 rebounds against Kennesaw State, Harangody notched his 52nd career double-double and second on the season. He is now tied with Bob Arnzen for third on Notre Dame’s all-time career double-doubles list.
- Harangody registered his 50th career 20+-point performance and fourth of the season.
- Harangody attempted 22 field goals against the Owls and moved into fifth place on Notre Dame’s career field goals attempted list with 1,551.
- Harangody moved into eighth place on Notre Dame’s career free throws attempted list with eight against Kennesaw State. He now has 582 for his career.
- Junior forward Carleton Scott set career highs with 11 rebounds and 22 minutes and tied a career high with seven points against the Owls.