Jan. 9, 2010
Notre Dame vs. West Virginia
Jan. 9, 2009 – Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center – Notre Dame, Ind.
- This is the 35th meeting all-time between Notre Dame and West Virginia. The Irish are now 25-10 against the Mountaineers.
- The Irish posted their first win over a top-10 team since defeating Louisville, 90-57, on Feb. 12, 2009.
- Notre Dame shot 75 percent (18-of-24) in the first half against West Virginia, its best ever shooting percentage in a half in the Mike Brey era.
- The Irish hit 6-of-7 three-point attempts in the first half against the Mountaineers, good enough for 80 percent and the best three-point shooting percentage in a half under Brey.
- Notre Dame’s 17 first-half assists were the most ever in any half of a BIG EAST game in Irish history.
- The Irish led the game for the final 39:21 of the contest.
- With 24 points against West Virginia, senior forward Luke Harangody took over sole possession of second place on Notre Dame’s all-time scoring list with 2,247 points for his career. Austin Carr holds the record with 2,560 career points.
- Harangody recorded his 59th career game with 20+ points.
- Harangody made his 100th career start against the Mountaineers, becoming just the eighth Irish player to accomplish that feat.
- Senior guard Ben Hansbrough set a career high with nine rebounds and tied his career high with 10 assists.
- Junior forward Tim Abromaitis scored in double figures for the 15th game this season and set a career high with eight rebounds.
- Junior forward Tyrone Nash tied a career high with 13 points against the Mountaineers.