Oct. 16, 2015
NOTRE DAME, Ind. – After picking up its first Atlantic Coast Conference win of the season last weekend at Clemson, the University of Notre Dame volleyball team returns home to Purcell Pavilion this weekend for a pair of league contests.
The Irish (6-12, 1-5 ACC) welcome in Duke (7-9, 2-4 ACC) at 7 p.m. (ET) Friday and Wake Forest (9-9, 1-5 ACC) at 1 p.m. (ET) Sunday.
ACC Weekend #4 (Duke / Wake Forest)
Notre Dame, Ind. (Purcell Pavilion)
Oct. 16 / 18, 2015
Friday, Oct. 16
7 p.m.: Duke @ Notre Dame – Live Stats / WatchND
Marketing & Promotions: Toy Story Night … youth can bring a friend for free … free shirts for first 500 fans … Friday Night Block Party (if Notre Dame reaches nine blocks the entire arena receives a 25% off coupon from Papa John’s) … pink shirts for sale ($15).
Sunday, Oct. 18
1 p.m.: Wake Forest @ Notre Dame – Live Stats / ESPN3
Marketing & Promotions: Block Out Cancer match … pink shirts for sale ($15) … silent auction featuring jerseys, autographed men’s & women’s basketballs and an autographed football … free admission with ND vs. USC football ticket.
Facebook: /NDVolleyball / Twitter: @NDVolleyball / Instagram: NDVBall
Snapchat: NDVolleyball / Text Alerts: Irish Alert! Text Messaging (Sign Up On UND.com)
Here are five things you need to know to be prepared for the return of the Blue Devils and Demon Deacons to Purcell.
- Personal update for the Irish … senior Haley Bonneval underwent successful surgery recently for a knee injury and is out for the remainder of the year … she is expected to make a full recovery … Notre Dame has started sophomore setter Taylor Zwickl in the last three matches … sophomore outsider hitter Maddie Plumlee has started five of the first six ACC matches and totaled 33 kills in back-to-back matches against Syracuse and Clemson, setting career highs in both contests … freshman libero Ryann DeJarld is ninth in the ACC in digs per set (3.84) … sophomore Sam Fry continues to lead the Irish in kills (3.04 per set) and blocks (0.90 per set) … sophomore Sydney Kuhn is the only player on the Irish to start all 16 matches this season.
- Duke has three preseason all-conference performers in libero Sasha Karelov, outside hitter Emily Sklar and middle blocker Jordan Tucker … Karelov leads the team in digs, Sklar leads in kills and Tucker is second in kills and blocks … for Wake, outside hitter Kylie Long leads her squad in kills, is second in digs and third in blocks.
- The Irish look to snap a losing streak to both teams this weekend … ND is a combined 0-5 against the Blue Devils (0-3) and the Demon Deacons (0-2) since joining the ACC in 2013 … the Irish have lost in four sets in all three meetings with Duke and in five sets in both meetings versus Wake Forest.
- Despite a 1-5 record in league play, the Irish are tied with NC State, Boston College and Wake in the standings, are a game ahead of Clemson (0-6) and a game behind Duke (2-4) … a pair of victories would move the Irish more towards the middle of the pack in the ACC.
- After a front-loaded home ACC schedule, the Irish will hit the road for a good portion of the remainder of the regular season … Notre Dame has four home matches left, with senior day set for November 22 against Clemson … the Irish have eight road contests remaining.
Individual match tickets for Notre Dame volleyball are on sale throughout the rest of the season. Visit und.com/tickets or call the Murnane Family Ticket Office at 574-631-7356 for more information.
For the latest Irish volleyball coverage, be sure to log on to UND.com or follow the program on Facebook (/NDVolleyball), Twitter (@NDVolleyball), Instagram (NDVBall) and Snapchat (NDVolleyball).
–Russell Dorn, Athletics Communications Assistant Director