Sept. 9, 2014
- Saturday, September 13, 2014
- 7:40 p.m. ET
- Lucas Oil Stadium (63,000); Indianapolis, Ind.
- NBC national telecast with Tom Hammond (play-by-play), Mike Mayock (analysis), Kathryn Tappen (sideline), Doug Flutie (sideline), Rob Hyland (producer) and Pierre Moossa (director).
- NBC Sports Network also will have live pre-game and post-game shows featuring Liam McHugh (host), Flutie (analyst) and Hines Ward (analyst).
- NBC Sports Live Extra will stream the game in the U.S. For international information.
- Tickets remain for Saturday’s game against the Boilermakers and can be purchased at UND.com.
- Notre Dame has played in front of sellout crowds in 268 of its previous 312 games (.859) overall. Notre Dame has played before 639 sellouts in 913 total games (.700) since 1930.
- Notre Dame (UND.com…@NDFootball), Purdue (PurdueSports.com…@BoilerFootball)
- Notre Dame is ranked No. 11 in both the Associated Press and Amway Coaches’ polls. Purdue is unranked in both polls. Six Irish opponents in 2014 are currently ranked by either the AP or coaches.
- Live in-game stats will be provided through CBS College Sports GameTracker via UND.com.
- IMG College Sports is the exclusive national rights holder for Irish football radio broadcasts. IMG College manages, produces and syndicates the Irish national football radio network. Notre Dame games are broadcast on up to 117 affiliates by Don Criqui (play-by-play), former Irish great Allen Pinkett (analysis) and Jeff Jeffers (sideline). This broadcast can be heard live on SiriusXM Satellite Radio (channel 129).
- The broadcast will be preceded by a one hour pre-game show hosted by Criqui and Pinkett with interviews conducted by Jack Nolan.
- All games can be heard in South Bend on News & Sports Radio 96.1 FM & 960 AM and Sunny 101.5 FM.
- Notre Dame leads the series 57-26-2. With the 86th meeting coming on Saturday, only Navy (87) has played the Irish more times than the Boilermakers.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR
- The Irish aim to improve to 3-0 for the second time in three years. Notre Dame hasn’t started 3-0 twice in a three-year span since a four-year run of opening at 3-0 from 1987-90.
COUNTDOWN TO KICKOFF
- 365. Notre Dame snapped Michigan’s NCAA record streak of 365 games without being shut out in a 31-0 victory last week. The Wolverines had not been previously shut out since Oct. 20, 1984.
- 11. Notre Dame has played 11 true freshmen over its first two games of 2014.
- 10. Notre Dame has 10 true freshmen on its two-deep depth chart, including seven on the defensive side of the ball.
- 9. Notre Dame registered nine quarterbacks hurries and three sacks in its 31-0 victory over Michigan last week.
- 8. Notre Dame will venture to Indiana’s capital city to play a football game for the eighth time. The Irish are 5-2 all-time when playing football in Indianapolis.
- 7. Notre Dame has allowed a combined average of 18.68 points/game over the last five years (2010-14). Only seven FBS teams have allowed fewer points/game over the same span.
- 6. Notre Dame ranks tied for sixth in the Football Bowl Subdivision in scoring defense at 8.5 points/game. The 17 points allowed are the fewest the Irish have yielded through two games since 1996 when Notre Dame also surrendered 17 points.
- 5. Notre Dame is 5-0 all-time in Shamrock Series games.
- 4. Notre Dame held a plus-four advantage in turnover margin in its 31-0 victory over Michigan last week. No team can exceed Notre Dame’s plus-6 on turnovers this year.
- 3. Notre Dame will play in three National Football League stadiums in 2014, beginning this weekend with Lucas Oil Stadium.
- 2. Since 2011, Notre Dame has allowed just 25 rushing touchdowns, which is tied for the second-fewest among all FBS teams. Alabama is the only FBS school to allow fewer (21).
- 1. Notre Dame ranks as the winningest team in college football history based on its .733 (876-305-42) winning percentage over 126 seasons of football.
- 0. Notre Dame has not committed a turnover in either of its first two games of the 2014 season. The Irish are one of eight FBS schools that have played two games and not committed a turnover.