Dec. 15, 2013
Notre Dame Notes
- Notre Dame is the fourth school to win national titles in both men’s and women’s soccer. The other three are North Carolina, Santa Clara, and UCLA. The Notre Dame women’s soccer team has won three national championships (1995, 2004, 2010).
- Notre Dame was making its first appearance in the men’s College Cup.
- The Fighting Irish are 6-2 all-time in the NCAA Tournament when facing a team they played earlier that season. Three of those wins came this season (Wake Forest, Michigan State, Maryland).
- Patrick Hodan had scored in six consecutive matches before being held goalless today.
- Notre Dame conceded the first goal of the match six times this season, including today, and posted a record of 3-1-2 in those matches.
- Today marked the first College Cup final in which both teams scored a goal since 2007 (Wake Forest defeated Ohio State, 2-1).
- Harrison Shipp assisted on three of Notre Dame’s four goals at the College Cup.
- In their last nine matches, the Fighting Irish had trailed for a total of 1:52. They trailed for 4:41 in the first half today.