Dec. 1, 2011
– Tonight was the second meeting ever between Notre Dame and Gonzaga. The Fighting Irish topped the Bulldogs, 83-79, last season at Notre Dame.
– Scott Martin (Sr./G), Joey Brooks (Jr./G), Jack Cooley (Jr./F), Eric Atkins (So./G) and Jerian Grant (So./G) started tonight’s contest. It marked the third time that quintet has started this season. That is the most used starting lineup for the Irish this season. The Fighting Irish are 2-1 with that starting lineup. Martin and Grant are the only two Irish players to start every game this season.
– A Pat Connaughton three-pointer in the first half upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 416.
– Notre Dame is 38-60 against ranked opponents under head coach Mike Brey
Pat Connaughton (Fr./G-F)
– Scored in double-figures (11 points) for the fourth time this season
Jerian Grant (So./G)]
– Netted a team-high 16 points … has scored in double-figures a team-best seven times this season.
– Led Notre Dame in scoring for the second time this season.