Nov. 22, 2011
2011-12 Notre Dame Men’s Basketball
Georgia 61, Notre Dame 57
Progressive CBE Classic Consolation
November 22, 2011
Sprint Center – Kansas City, Mo.
- Tonight was the third meeting all-time between Notre Dame and Georgia. Notre Dame leads the series 2-1.
- Tim Abromaitis (GS/F), Scott Martin (Sr./G), Jack Cooley (Jr./F), Eric Atkins (So./G) and Jerian Grant (So./G) started tonight’s contest. It marked the second straight game that quintet has started. Notre Dame has used four different starting lineups in its first six games of the season. Martin, Cooley and Grant have started all six games this season.
- Notre Dame is 20-8 in in-season tournaments under head coach Mike Brey (12 seasons).
- Sophomore guard Jerian Grant scored a career-high – and game-high – 20 points. He became the fifth Notre Dame player to score 20 or more points in a game this season. Tim Abromaitis, Eric Atkins, Pat Connaughton and Scott Martin are the others.
- Pat Connaughton’s three-pointer early in the first half upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 414.
- The losses to Missouri and Georgia marked the first time Notre Dame has dropped consecutive games against non-BIG EAST teams since the 2007-08 season when the Irish fell to Baylor and Georgia Tech (Nov. 18 & 19, 2007) at the U.S. Virgin Islands Paradise Jam.
Eric Atkins (So./G)
- Scored in double-figures (12 points) for the third time this season (out of four games played) … has 10 double-digit scoring efforts during his career
Pat Connaughton (Fr./G-F)
- Registered a double-digit point total (11 points) for the third time this season
Jerian Grant (So./G)
- Scored a career-high 20 points … has reached double-figures in points a team-best five times this season … tonight was his first team-leading point total of the season
- Made a career-high 10 free throws (on 11 attempts)