Nov. 15, 2011
2011-12 Notre Dame Men’s Basketball
Notre Dame 59, Detroit 53
Progressive CBE Classic – Regional Round
November 14, 2011
Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center – Notre Dame, Ind.
- Tonight was the 53rd meeting all-time between Notre Dame and Detroit and the first since the 1992-93 season. Notre Dame leads the series 41-12.
- Scott Martin (Sr./G), Joey Brooks (Jr./G), Jack Cooley (Jr./F), Eric Atkins (So./G) and Jerian Grant (So./G) started tonight’s game. That quintet has started both contests this season.
- Notre Dame upped its home win streak to 21
- Notre Dame is off to a 2-0 start for the fifth straight season and for the 11th time under head coach Mike Brey (12 seasons)
- Jerian Grant’s three-pointer with 4:06 left in the first half upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 410.
- Notre Dame held Detroit without a field goal from the 14:04 mark of the second half until the 6:23 mark
- His 13 points were tied for the team lead … has posted a team-high point total in the first two games this season
- Has reached double-digits in points in consecutive games for the third time in his career … has nine double-digit scoring efforts during his career
- Saw his consecutive made free throws streak end at 15 … he was 12-for-12 in the season opener against Mississippi Valley State and converted his first three attempts tonight
- His 39 minutes played tied a career-high mark
- Scored a career-high 13 points (previous high was 12 last season against Bucknell) … tonight was the second double-figure scoring game of his career … it was the first time he ever posted a team-high point total
- Grabbed a career-high nine rebounds (previous high was four on five occasions) … that total was tied for the team lead
- In just his second career game, tallied 10 points and nine rebounds, which were tied for the team lead
- Matched career-high numbers in assists (2) and blocks (2) … also played a career-high 22 minutes
- Reached double-figures for the second straight game with 11 points