Nov. 19, 2011
Post Game Notes
- Tonight was the second meeting all-time between Notre Dame and Delaware State. The Fighting Irish won the first meeting, 88-50, during the 2008-09 season at the Joyce Center (Dec. 20, 2008).
- Scott Martin (Sr./G), Jack Cooley (Jr./F), Alex Dragicevich (So./G), Jerian Grant (So./G) and Pat Connaughton (Fr./G-F), started tonight’s game. It was the first career start for Connaughton and the second career start for Dragicevich. Martin, Cooley and Grant have started all four games this season.
- Five different Irish players have made their first career start this season … Joey Brooks (Jr./G), Jack Cooley (Jr./F), Jerian Grant (So./G), Alex Dragicevich (So./G) and Pat Connaughton (Fr./G-F). Notre Dame has used three different starting lineups in its first four games of the season.
- Notre Dame upped its home win streak to 23
- Notre Dame is off to a 4-0 start for the fourth straight season and for the seventh time under head coach Mike Brey (12 seasons).
- The Fighting Irish netted a season-high 93 points … the previous high was 80 versus Mississippi Valley State in the season opener … it was the highest point total for the Irish since depositing 93 last season against Villanova (Feb. 28, 2011)
- Notre Dame’s 43 first-half points were the most in any half this season for the Irish … the previous high was 42 in the second half against Mississippi Valley State
- Jack Cooley (Jr./F) grabbed a career-high 17 rebounds … he became the first Irish player to haul down that many boards in a game since Luke Harangody had 17 against Louisville during the 2008-09 season (Feb. 12, 2009)
- Notre Dame went 11-23 from three-point range … it marked the second straight game that the Irish had made at least 10 treys … Notre Dame was 10-19 against Sam Houston State
- Notre Dame had 21 offensive rebounds … those were the most for the Irish since they had 21 against DePaul during the 2007-08 season (Feb. 2, 2008)
- Alex Dragicevich’s three-pointer less than a minute into the game upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 412.
Eric Atkins (So./G)
- Missed his second straight game due to illness
Mike Broghammer (Jr./F)
- Scored a career-high nine points … his previous high was six in the season opener against Mississippi Valley State
- Hauled down a career-high five rebounds … previous high was four against Chicago State last season (Nov. 17, 2010)
Pat Connaughton (Fr./G-F)
- Made his first career start
Jack Cooley (Jr./F)
- Registered his first career double-double with 11 points and 17 rebounds … the rebound total was a career-high mark … his previous high was 10 against Mississippi Valley State in the season opener
- Made a career-high seven free throws (on eight attempts) … previous high was three on three occasions
Alex Dragicevich (So./G)
- Scored a career-high 18 points … previous high was nine in last season’s opener vs. Georgia Southern
- Made a career-high three three-pointers … previous high was one on three occasions
- Dished out a career-high seven assists … previous high was three
Jerian Grant (So./G)
- Matched a career-high total with 17 points … he also deposited 17 against Sam Houston State on Wednesday … is the only Irish player to score in double-figures in all four games this season
Scott Martin (Sr./G)
- Scored a career-high 23 points … he has scored in double-figures three times this season and 35 times during his college career (22 times at Notre Dame)
- Made a career-high four three-pointers … previous high was three on three occasions