Nov. 24, 2013
- This was the ninth meeting all-time between Notre Dame and Army and the first since Dec. 21, 2006 … the Fighting Irish have won all nine encounters … this was the sixth time the two programs met at Notre Dame.
- The Fighting Irish scored a season-high 93 points (previous high was 84 on Friday against Santa Clara) … the 93 points are the most for Notre Dame since the 104-101 five-overtime victory against Louisville on Feb. 9, 2013 … they are the most points in a 40-minute contest since a 93-74 win over Seton Hall on Jan. 5, 2013.
- Notre Dame had five double-figure scorers for the first time this season (Grant 19, Sherman 19, Auguste 14, Atkins 13, Jackson 11).
- The Irish shot 75% (24-32) from the floor in the second half … that matches the highest percentage in any half for Notre Dame under Mike Brey … the Irish also shot 75% (18-24) in the first half against West Virginia on Jan. 9, 2010, and in the second half (18-24) versus Niagara on Dec. 21, 2012.
- The Fighting Irish shot a season-best 56.5% (35-62) from the field.
- The Irish had a season-best eight blocked shots.
- Notre Dame had 26 assists (a season-high total) on its 35 made field goals.
- The Fighting Irish led 33-25 at halftime … the Irish are 4-0 this season when leading at halftime.
- Notre Dame’s largest lead of the game was 35 points (93-58) with 1:09 left in the contest.
- Eric Atkins (Sr./G), Austin Burgett (So./F), Pat Connaughton (Jr./G), Jerian Grant (Sr./G) and Garrick Sherman (Sr./C) started today’s contest … it was the first career start for Burgett … Atkins, Connaughton, Grant and Sherman have started all five games this season.
- A three-pointer from Pat Connaughton in the first half upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 482.
- Notre Dame is off to a 4-1 start for the third straight season.
- The Fighting Irish improved to 45-5 all-time against teams from the Patriot League.
- Notre Dame is 50-1 at home in the month of November under Mike Brey.
- Notre Dame is 121-10 (.924) at home since the beginning of the 2006-07 season … the Irish are 73-2 in their last 75 non-conference home games.
Zach Auguste (So./F)
- Scored a season-high 14 points (one off his career-high total) … it was the third double-figure effort of his career.
Eric Atkins (Sr./G)
- Scored 13 points … it was his third straight double-figure effort and the fourth of the season … has reached double-digits 53 times during his career.
Jerian Grant (Sr./G)
- Scored 19 points … he is the only Irish player to reach double-figures in all five games this season … has 59 double-figure efforts in his career (most of any current Irish player).
- Dished out eights assists, which are the most for any Notre Dame player this season.
- Was 7-of-10 from the field and 4-of-4 from the free throw line.
- Had a career-high six steals.
Demetrius Jackson (Fr./G)
- Scored in double-figures (11 points) for the second straight game and second time overall this season.
Garrick Sherman (Sr./C)
- Netted a season-high 19 points … it was his second straight double-digit effort and third of the season … has scored in double-figures 13 times during his career (12 times while at Notre Dame).
- Was 7-of-9 from the field and 5-of-6 from the free throw line.
- Blocked a career-high three shots