Jan. 25, 2014
NOTRE DAME, Ind. – The University of Notre Dame men’s lacrosse coaching staff will conduct its fifth annual National Coaches Clinic Feb. 1-2. The clinic will take place on the University’s campus and will cover all facets of the game.
The clinic annually attracts coaches from several states across all levels (youth, high school, travel team & MCLA). Coaches wishing to attend this year’s clinic can register and view the event schedule at www.irishlaxcamps.com. Register now because the clinic has reached capacity each of its first four years.
Notre Dame Men’s Lacrosse 2014 National Coaches Clinic
Date: February 1-2, 2014
Location: University of Notre Dame
Cost: $25 … optional coaches binder: $30 (includes drills, nutrition guides, practice plans and workouts)
Presentations from the Notre Dame coaching staff including:
– Practice planning (fall, spring, game week)
– Position fundamentals
– Full field team & position specific drills
– In-game strategy & tactics (settled offense, defense, man-up/man-down, rides/clears, transition, last two minutes, etc.)
– Presentations from the Notre Dame strength & conditioning coach and nutritionists
– Watch Notre Dame take on Detroit and Bellarmine in weekend scrimmages (exclusive sideline access for clinic attendees)
– Coaches social with networking and continued learning opportunities
– In-depth film review with head coach Kevin Corrigan and the Notre Dame staff
– Interactive coaches challenge that will allow you to test your wits with one of the top coaching staffs in the country
The clinic is a great opportunity to learn from a staff that has Notre Dame among the top teams in the country on an annual basis. Notre Dame is one of just two schools that has qualified for the NCAA tournament in each of the last eight seasons. The Fighting Irish have advanced to at least the quarterfinals of the last four NCAA tournaments, including Championship Weekend appearances in 2010 and 2012.
The Fighting Irish posted an 11-5 record last season and earned the No. 2 seed in the NCAA Championship. Notre Dame defeated five top-10 teams and concluded the regular season with the nation’s top RPI. The Irish fell to Duke, 12-11, in the quarterfinals of the NCAA Championship.
Follow the Notre Dame men’s lacrosse team on social media and the internet …
— ND —