Notre Dame Fighting Irish - Official Athletics Website

Notre Dame Rallies For 11-10 Win At Harvard

April 30, 2000

Box Score

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — The 12th-ranked Notre Dame men’s lacrosse rallied from a four-goal third-quarter deficit and scored seven unanswered goals to pick up an 11-10 road win at Harvard in its final regular season game of the season. The victory marks the sixth straight for the Irish who improve to 9-3 on the season.

Tom Glatzel (Ellicott City., Md.) tallied four goals in the contest and junior David Ulrich (Baltimore, Md.) dished off five assists as Notre Dame won its sixth straight for the first time since the 1996 campaign. The nine wins are the most since the 1997 campaign when the Irish finished with a 9-3 mark. The victory also marked the fifth consecutive road win for head coach Kevin Corrigan’s squad as the Irish have won five straight since losing at Pennsylvania on March 4 in their first road contest of the season.

Harvard, which falls to 6-6, held a slim 5-4 lead at the intermission as the two teams traded goals in the first 30 minutes of the contest. The Crimson was led by Primm’s three goals in the first half as he finished with five for the game.

Adam McGowan put Harvard on the scoreboard first with unassisted goal 2:46 into the contest. Steve Bishko (West Islip, N.Y.) tied the game at 1-1 with 4:24 left in the quarter. Jon Harvey (Winchester, Mass.) gave the Irish a 2-1 advantage 1:30 later, but back-to-back goals by Lawson DeVries and Primm in the final 1:04 of the quarter put the Crimson up 3-2.

Harvard grabbed a 4-2 lead at the 7:28 mark of the second quarter before Notre Dame responded with two goals of its own by Devin Ryan (Kensington, Md.) and John Flandina (West Islip, N.Y.). Primm tallied his third score of the game with 1:38 remaining before the break as the Crimson grabbed a 5-4 lead at the intermission that would mark the first of four consecutive goals by the home team.

Doug Logigian put Harvard up 6-4 less 1:07 into the second half and then Roger Buttles and Primm pushed the lead to 8-4 with goals at the 11:38 and 6:56 marks, respectively.

Glatzel broke the Irish scoring drought with 4:22 left in the third quarter that began the string of seven consecutive goals for the Irish as Notre Dame gained a 9-8 advantage with 19 seconds left to play in the third quarter on Glatzel’s fourth goal of the quarter. Stedman Oakey (Charlottesville, Va.) added the other Irish score which tied the game at 8-8 with 42 seconds to play.

Flandina scored the first two goals of the fourth quarter giving Notre Dame an 11-8 lead with 6:32 remaining in the contest. Buttles ended the 7-0 Irish run with a goal at the 4:54 mark, before Primm tallied his final score, and the contest’s final goal with 2:33 left in the game.

Irish goalkeeper Kirk Howell (Nashville, Tenn.) finished the game with 10 saves, while Keith Cynar had 16 stops in goal for the Crimson.