Oct. 31, 2015
- Notre Dame improves to 16-0 all-time on Halloween, its best single day in school history.
- The Irish played their 212th game tonight in an AP ranked vs. ranked matchup and are now 120-83-9 in those games. It was Temple’s first such contest.
- Notre Dame is now 12-7-2 over the past 50 years against teams that are 7-0 or better.
- Notre Dame improves to 15-1-1 all-time in the city of Philadelphia and has won nine straight since a 1960 loss to Navy at JFK Stadium.
- The Irish improved to 6-0 this year and 40-4 under Brian Kelly when leading after three quarters of play.
- The Irish have had a 100-yard rusher in six of their eight games this year (all but Texas and Clemson)
- Notre Dame has only trailed after the first quarter once this year (Oct. 3 at Clemson). The Irish led 7-3 after 15 minutes tonight.
- The Irish became the first team to score against Temple this season on its opening possession.
- Notre Dame has now outscored its opponents 68-20 in the third quarter this year.
- The Irish improve to 68-20-4 all-time when coming off of a scheduled bye-week and 35-7 since 1984.
- Temple set its record high crowd at Lincoln Financial Field tonight at 69,280. Every Notre Dame game this year has been sold out. Of Notre Dame’s last 331 games, 282 have been sold out (.855).
- During the game, the ACC announced that next week’s game at Pitt will be a full-national telecast on ABC. It is the first noon ET kickoff for the Irish during the regular season since 2011.
- DeShone Kizer’s 79-yard TD run in the second quarter was the second-longest in school history by a quarterback, eclipsed only by the 80-yard TD run by Blair Kiel on a fake punt at Arizona on Oct. 25, 1980.
- Kizer finished the game with 143 rushing years, second-best in a game by an Irish signal-caller behind just the 146 by Bill Etter against Navy in 1969.
- The last 100-yard rushing game by an Irish quarterback was Andrew Hendrix’s 111-yard effort against Air Force on Oct. 8, 2011.
- WR Will Fuller broke the 2,000-yard plateau in career receiving. He now has 2,002 for the Irish. It is his 25th career TD grab at Notre Dame, fourth-best in Irish lore.
- CB KeiVarae Russell made his second interception of the year in the game’s waning moments, the other one coming on Oct. 17 against USC.
- TE AlizÃƒÆ’Â© Jones’ fourth quarter 45-yard catch was his career-long.
- WR Torii Hunter Jr.’s third quarter 40-yard catch was his career-long.
- WR Amir Carlisle’s 31-yard second quarter catch was his season-long.
- Freshman PK Justin Yoon has made each of his last seven field goals and is 10 of 12 on the season.
- Head coach Brian Kelly improves to 21-14 in his career against AP-ranked teams.
- Kelly’s teams in his coaching career are now 18-2 coming off of a bye week.
- Kelly’s 22 wins for the Irish at night are the most for any Notre Dame coach under the lights.