Feb. 25, 2015
- The setback moved Notre Dame to 24-5 overall and 12-4 in ACC play … the Fighting Irish are 16-2 at home this season.
- The Fighting Irish are 7-3 this season in games decided by five points or less (6-2 in ACC play).
- Notre Dame shot 34.7 percent (17-49) from the field … that’s the second-lowest percentage this season for the Fighting Irish.
- Notre Dame’s three made three-pointers were the fewest for the Irish since they made two last season at Wake Forest (Jan. 25, 2014).
- The Fighting Irish had an assist on 11 of their 17 made field goals … the 17 made field goals were a season-low mark for Notre Dame and the fewest ever for the Irish in an ACC contest.
- Syracuse led 27-22 at halftime … the Fighting Irish are 6-3 this season when trailing at the intermission.
- Notre Dame’s 22 first-half points were the lowest output in any half this season for the Irish.
- This was the 46th meeting all-time between Notre Dame and Syracuse and the second as ACC counterparts … the Orange have won the last three showdowns and lead the series 27-19 … Syracuse is 12-9 all-time at Notre Dame … head coach Mike Brey is 6-15 versus the Orange during his Notre Dame tenure.
- Demetrius Jackson (So./G), Jerian Grant (Sr./G), Steve Vasturia (So./G), Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F) and Zach Auguste (Jr./F) started tonight’s contest … the Irish are 22-5 this season with that starting quintet.
- A three-pointer from Pat Connaughton in the first half upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 538.
Zach Auguste (Jr./F)
- Scored in double-figures (10 points) for the third straight game and the 22nd time this season (11 ACC games) … has reached double-digits in points 33 times during his career.
Bonzie Colson (Fr./F)
- Matched a career-high mark with 16 points (also scored 16 Saturday at Boston College) … the 16 points were a team-high total.
- Has scored in double-figures three times this season (all in ACC play).
- Made a career-high eight free throws (on nine attempts).
Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F)
- Registered his team-best eighth double-double of the season with 13 points and a career-high 15 rebounds … has four double-doubles in ACC play this season … his 15 career double-doubles are the most of any current Fighting Irish player.
- His 15 rebounds were the most for a Notre Dame player since Garrick Sherman hauled down 18 last season versus North Carolina State (Jan. 7, 2014).
- He was 3-of-7 from three-point range … he has made at least one three-pointer in 19 consecutive games, which is the longest streak for any Irish player this season.
- Made his 111th consecutive start and his 114th career start overall … has played in all 130 games during his Notre Dame career … is tied for fourth in Notre Dame history in games played and ranks fifth in games started.
- Played all 40 minutes … has played every minute in four games this season.
Jerian Grant (Sr./G)
- Scored in double-figures (13 points) for a team-best 26th time this season (13 ACC games) … has reached double-digits in each of the last four games, which is the longest active streak on the team … has reached double-figures 91 times during his career.
- Dished out a game-high nine assists … had nine of Notre Dame’s 11 total assists in the contest.
- Played all 40 minutes … has played every minute in seven games this season, including three times in the last four contests.
Steve Vasturia (So./G)
- Tied a career-high mark with four steals.