Dec. 9, 2014
– This was the second meeting all-time between Notre Dame and Mount St. Mary’s … the Fighting Irish topped the Mountaineers 78-64 on Nov. 29, 2003, inside Purcell Pavilion.
– The Fighting Irish improved to 22-0 all-time against teams currently in the Northeast Conference (NEC) … this was Notre Dame’s second straight showdown with an NEC opponent … the Irish downed NEC member Fairleigh Dickinson 75-57 on Saturday.
– Notre Dame never trailed in the game … it was the second straight contest (Fairleigh Dickinson) and the third time this season the Irish did not trail in a game (Coppin State is the other).
– Notre Dame’s 52 first-half points marked the second time this season the Irish netted over 50 points in an opening half (53 vs. Coppin State).
– The Irish shot 59.0% (36-61) from the field … Notre Dame has shot 50.0% or above in nine of 10 games this season.
– Notre Dame shot a season-best 57.1% (8-14) from three-point range.
– The Fighting Irish had four players score in double-figures – Steve Vasturia (19), Jerian Grant (19), Zach Auguste (19) and Demetrius Jackson (15) … Notre Dame has had at least four players reach double-figures in every game this season.
– Demetrius Jackson (So./G), Jerian Grant (Sr./G), Steve Vasturia (So./G), Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F) and Zach Auguste (Jr./F) started tonight’s contest … that quintet has started all 10 games this season.
– Notre Dame led 52-27 at halftime … the Irish are 9-0 this season when leading at the intermission.
– Mount St. Mary’s shot 36.8% (25-68) from the field … Notre Dame has held seven of 10 opponents under 40.0% shooting from the floor this season.
– Notre Dame committed just eight turnovers … it was the sixth time this season the Irish had fewer than 10 turnovers in a game.
– A three-pointer by Jerian Grant early in the first half upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 519.
– Notre Dame is 85-3 in its last 88 non-conference home games.
Zach Auguste (Jr./F)
– Scored in double-figures (19 points) for the second straight game and the eighth time this season (19th time of his career).
Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F)
– Made his 92nd consecutive start and the 95th overall of his career… has played in all 111 games during his Fighting Irish career.
Jerian Grant (Sr./G)
– Scored 19 points … has reached double-figures in points in each of his last 12 games and 75 times during his career, which are the most for any current Fighting Irish player. – He is the only Irish player to score in double-figures in all 10 games this season.
Demetrius Jackson (So./G)
– Netted double-figures with 15 points … it marked the eighth time this season and the 15th time of his career that he’s scored in double-figures.
Steve Vasturia (So./G) – Scored a career-high 19 points … his previous high was 15 against Pittsburgh on March 1, 2014.
– Deposited double-figures for the third straight game and the fourth time this season (eighth time of his career) … the three-game double-figure scoring streak is a career best.
– Was 7-of-7 from the field (3-of-3 from three-point range) and 2-of-2 from the free throw line.