Dec. 6, 2014
- This was the first-ever meeting between Notre Dame and Fairleigh Dickinson.
- The Fighting Irish improved to 21-0 all-time against teams currently in the Northeast Conference (NEC) … Notre Dame will face another NEC foe, Mount St. Mary’s, on Tuesday.
- Notre Dame never trailed in the contest … it marked the second time this season the Irish did not trail in a game (Coppin State is the other).
- The Irish shot 50.0% (27-54) from the field … Notre Dame has shot 50.0% or above in eight of nine games this season.
- Notre Dame has scored at least 74 points in each of its first nine games this season … it marks the first time ever that the Irish have opened a campaign with nine-straight 74-point or more efforts on offense.
- The Fighting Irish had four players score in double-figures – Pat Connaughton (19), Jerian Grant (15), Zach Auguste (11) and Steve Vasturia (10) … Notre Dame has had at least four players reach double-figures in every game this season.
- Demetrius Jackson (So./G), Jerian Grant (Sr./G), Steve Vasturia (So./G), Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F) and Zach Auguste (Jr./F) started tonight’s contest … that quintet has started all nine games this season.
- Notre Dame led 32-22 at halftime … the Irish are 8-0 this season when leading at the intermission.
- Fairleigh Dickinson’s 22 first-half points matched the fewest for an Irish opponent in an opening half of play this season … Chicago State also netted 22 points in the first half (Nov. 29).
- Fairleigh Dickinson shot 37.7% (23-61) from the field … Notre Dame has held six of nine opponents under 40.0% shooting from the floor this season.
- A three-pointer by Pat Connaughton early in the first half upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 518.
- Notre Dame is 84-3 in its last 87 non-conference home games.
Zach Auguste (Jr./F)
- Recorded his second double-double of the season (third of his career) with 11 points and a season-high 11 rebounds … his two double-doubles this season tie Pat Connaughton for the team lead.
Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F)
- Netted a season-high 19 points … scored in double-figures for the sixth straight game and the eighth time this season (56th time of his career).
- Made his 91st consecutive start and the 94th overall of his career… has played in all 110 games during his Fighting Irish career.
Jerian Grant (Sr./G)
- Scored 15 points … has reached double-figures in points in each of his last 11 games and 74 times during his career, which are the most for any current Fighting Irish player.
- He is the only Irish player to score in double-figures in every game this season.
Steve Vasturia (So./G)
- Scored in double-figures (10 points) for the second straight game and the third time this season (seventh time of his career) … it’s the second time during his career that he’s reached double-figures in consecutive games.