Feb. 21, 2015
- The win improved Notre Dame to 24-4 overall and 12-3 in ACC play.
- Notre Dame’s 24-4 record is the best 28-game mark for the Irish since the 1973-74 squad was 25-3.
- Notre Dame’s 12-3 ACC record matches the program’s best 15-game mark in conference play … the Fighting Irish were 12-3 in BIG EAST action in 2011-12.
- The Fighting Irish are 6-2 on the road in ACC play … the six road wins are the most ever for Notre Dame in league action (ACC & BIG EAST).
- Notre Dame shot a season-best 66.0 percent (35-53) from the field … it’s the highest percentage ever for the Irish in an ACC game … it marked the third time this season (first in ACC play) Notre Dame shot 60 percent or above from the floor.
- The Irish shot 75.0 percent (18-of-24) in the second half … that matched Notre Dame’s best shooting half ever under Mike Brey.
- Notre Dame matched a season-high mark with six double-figure scorers (Bonzie Colson 16, Demetrius Jackson 15, Zach Auguste 14, V.J. Beachem 10, Jerian Grant 10, Steve Vasturia 10) … it’s the first time the Irish have ever had six double-figure scorers in an ACC game.
- Notre Dame’s 30 bench points were the most this season for the Irish in an ACC game.
- Today was the sixth time this season (second straight game) Notre Dame scored 80-plus points in an ACC contest.
- Notre Dame’s 50 second-half points were the most ever for the Irish in any half of an ACC contest.
- The Fighting Irish had an assist on 19 of their 35 made field goals … the 19 assists tied the most ever for Notre Dame in an ACC game.
- Notre Dame was 10-of-12 (.833) from the free throw line (10-of-10 in second half) …the Irish are 37-of-40 (.925) from the charity stripe in the last two games.
- The Fighting Irish only committed nine turnovers … it signified the 17th time this season (10th ACC contest) that Notre Dame had less than 10 turnovers in a game.
- Notre Dame led 37-32 at halftime … the Fighting Irish are 18-2 this season when ahead at the intermission.
- Today was the 25th meeting all-time between Notre Dame and Boston College and the fourth as ACC counterparts … the Fighting Irish have won the last five meetings and lead the series 15-10 … Notre Dame is 4-6 all-time at Boston College … head coach Mike Brey is 7-1 all-time versus the Eagles.
- Demetrius Jackson (So./G), Jerian Grant (Sr./G), Steve Vasturia (So./G), Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F) and Zach Auguste (Jr./F) started today’s contest … the Irish are 22-4 this season with that starting quintet.
- A three-pointer from Pat Connaughton in the first half upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 537.
Zach Auguste (Jr./F)
- Scored in double-figures (14 points) for the second straight game and the 21st time this season (10 ACC games) … has reached double-digits in points 32 times during his career.
V.J. Beachem (So./F)
- Netted double-figures (10 points) for the second straight game and the ninth time this season (six ACC games) … he has registered a double-digit point total 11 times during his career.
Bonzie Colson (Fr./F)
- Scored a career-high 16 points (previous high 10 versus Georgia Tech on Jan. 14) and pulled down a career-best six rebounds (previous high was five against Mount St. Mary’s on Dec. 9).
- Shot 8-of-9 from the field.
Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F)
- Was 2-of-5 from three-point range … he has made at least one three-pointer in 18 consecutive games, which is the longest streak for any Irish player this season.
- Became the sixth player in program history to make 250 three-pointers.
- Made his 110th consecutive start and his 113th career start overall … has played in all 129 games during his Notre Dame career.
Jerian Grant (Sr./G)
- Posted his second straight double-double with 10 points and 11 assists … has four double-doubles this season (three in ACC play) … has eight career double-doubles (seven with points & assists) … it’s the first time he’s ever recorded a double-double in consecutive games.
- He is the first Notre Dame player with 10-plus assists in back-to-back games since Chris Thomas did so on Dec. 14 & 22, 2002.
- Scored in double-figures for a team-best 25th time this season (12 ACC games) … has reached double-figures 90 times during his career.
Demetrius Jackson (So./G)
- Recorded a double-digit point total (15) for the 23rd time this season (12 ACC games) … has reached double-figures 30 times during his career.
Steve Vasturia (So./G)
- Scored in double-figures (10 points) for the 14th time this season (eight ACC games) … has reached double-figures in five of the last six games, including two straight contests … has notched double-digits 18 times during his career.
- Was 2-of-3 from three-point range … is 6-of-9 from beyond the arc in the la