Feb. 17, 2015
- The win improved Notre Dame to 23-4 overall and 11-3 in ACC play.
- Notre Dame’s 23-4 record is the best 27-game start for the Irish since the 1973-74 squad posted a 25-2 mark.
- Notre Dame’s 11-3 ACC record matches the program’s best 14-game start in conference play … the Fighting Irish were 11-3 in BIG EAST action on three occasions (2000-01, 2007-08, 2011-12).
- The 88 points were the most ever for the Fighting Irish in an ACC game (previous high 85 versus Virginia Tech on Jan. 22, 2015) … it was the fifth time this season Notre Dame scored 80-plus points in an ACC contest.
- Notre Dame had five players reach double-digits in points (Jerian Grant 24, Pat Connaughton 13, Zach Auguste 12, Steve Vasturia 12, V.J. Beachem 10) … it was the ninth time this season the Irish had at least five double-figure scorers.
- The Fighting Irish were 11-of-26 (.423) from three-point range … it marked the ninth time this season (fifth time in ACC play) that Notre Dame made 10 or more treys in a game.
- Notre Dame was 27-of-28 (.964) from the free throw line … the Irish made their final 24 free throw attempts of the game … the made free throws (27) and percentage (.964) both were season-high marks … it was the first time ever the Irish shot 90 percent or above from the line in an ACC game.
- The Fighting Irish only committed eight turnovers … it signified the 16th time this season (ninth ACC contest) that Notre Dame had less than 10 turnovers in a game.
- Notre Dame’s 12 steals were the most ever for the Irish in an ACC game.
- Notre Dame led 43-41 at halftime … the Fighting Irish are 17-2 this season when ahead at the intermission.
- Notre Dame’s 43 first-half points were the most ever for the Irish in the opening half of an ACC game (previous high 41 versus Boston College on Feb. 4, 2015).
- Tonight was the fourth meeting all-time between Notre Dame and Wake Forest and the third as ACC counterparts … it was Notre Dame’s first ever win over Wake Forest … the Demon Deacons lead the series 3-1 (2-1 in ACC games) … this was Wake Forest’s first visit to Notre Dame.
- Demetrius Jackson (So./G), Jerian Grant (Sr./G), Steve Vasturia (So./G), Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F) and Zach Auguste (Jr./F) started tonight’s contest … the Irish are 21-4 this season with that starting quintet.
- A three-pointer from V.J. Beachem in the first half upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 536.
Zach Auguste (Jr./F)
- Reached double-figures (12 points) for the 20th time this season (nine ACC games) and the 31st time of his career.
- Made a career-high eight free throws (on nine attempts).
V.J. Beachem (So./F)
- Netted double-figures (10 points) for the eighth time this season (five ACC games) … this was his first double-figure effort since the NC State game (Jan. 25) … he has registered a double-digit point total 10 times during his career.
Bonzie Colson (Fr./F)
- Notched a career-best three blocked shots, which were a team-high total.
Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F)
- Netted double-figures (13 points) for the second straight game and the 22nd time overall this season (11 ACC games) … has 70 double-figure efforts during his career.
- Was 3-of-8 from three-point range … he has made at least one three-pointer in 17 consecutive games, which is the longest streak for any Irish player this season.
- Moved into a tie with Ryan Hoover (1992-96) for sixth place on Notre Dame’s made three-pointers list (248).
- Made his 109th consecutive start and his 112th career start overall … has played in all 128 games during his Notre Dame career.
Jerian Grant (Sr./G)
- Posted his third double-double of the season (second in ACC play) with 24 points and 10 assists … has seven career double-doubles.
- It was the second time this season he notched at least 20 points and 10 assists in the same game (third such game of his career).
- Has tallied 20 or more points in each of the last two games and a team-best 10 times overall this season (six ACC games) … it’s the fourth time this season he’s deposited 20-plus points in back-to-back contests … has scored 20-plus points 24 times during his career.
- Scored in double-figures for a team-best 24th time this season (11 ACC games) … has reached double-figures 89 times during his career.
- Was 8-of-8 from the free throw line … has made his last 15 free throw attempts.
- Matched a season-high total of five steals.
- Played all 40 minutes for the second straight game … has played every minute in six games this season.
- His first assist of the game was the 600th of his career … he is the second player in Notre Dame history with 1,500 points and 600 assists (Chris Thomas the other) … Grant has 1,578 points and 609 assists during his Fighting Irish career.
Austin Torres (So./F)
- Pulled down a career-high six rebounds, which were tied for the team-high total.
Steve Vasturia (So./G)
- Scored in double-figures (12 points) for the 13th time this season (seven ACC games) … has reached double-figures four times in the last five games … has notched double-digits 17 times during his career.
- Made a career-high four three-pointers (on six attempts).