Nov. 26, 2014
- Notre Dame has now scored at least 74 points in each of its first six games this year. It marks the first time that the Irish have opened a season with six-straight 74-point or more efforts on offense since 2001-02.
- This was first meeting between Notre Dame and Grambling State. The Irish improve to 3-0 all-time against schools from the SWAC, defeating Mississippi Valley State, 80-67, on Nov. 12, 2011 and Prairie View A&M, 89-52, on Dec. 10, 1987.
- Notre Dame is now 54-1 at home in the month of November under head coach Mike Brey, including a 4-0 mark this year. The Irish will shoot for 5-0 in Nov. 2014 on Saturday when they play host to Chicago State at 1 p.m. ET.
- Demetrius Jackson (So./G), Jerian Grant (Sr./G), Steve Vasturia (So./G), Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F) and Zach Auguste (Jr./F) started today’s contest … that quintet has started all six games this season.
- A three-pointer by Pat Connaughton with 17:27 left in the first half upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 515.
- Notre Dame’s 44 first half points are the second-most that the Irish have scored before intermission in 2014, eclipsed only by its 53 against Coppin State on Nov. 19.
- Grambling State’s 30 points are the most surrendered by the Irish in the first half of a home game this year, topping Navy’s 28 on Nov. 16.
- The Irish held a 30-29 advantage on the glass, narrowly avoiding being outrebounded for the first time this season.
- Notre Dame had 21 assists on 28 baskets tonight (75 percent) while Grambling State had just five assists on 20 baskets (25 percent).
- The Irish did not have any of their shots blocked tonight. It is the 21st time under Mike Brey that the Irish have not had a shot blocked.
- Four of Notre Dame starters — Demetrius Jackson (17), Jerian Grant (13), Zach Auguste (12) and Pat Connaughton (10) and all scored in double figures … The Irish have had at least four double digit scorers in each game this year. It marks the fourth time in six games that at least four Irish starters scored in double figures, joining the Binghamton (Nov. 14), UMass (Nov. 22) and Providence (Nov. 23) games.
- Notre Dame is 140-18 (.886) under Mike Brey when scoring at least 81 points in a game.
- Notre Dame is far more likely to blow out an opponent under Mike Brey than be blown out. The Irish are 58-1 when the scoring margin is 27 points or greater under Brey. The lone loss came against No. 22 Missouri, 87-58, on Nov. 21, 2011, in Kansas City.
Zach Auguste (Jr./F)
- Scored in double-figures for the seventh straight game dating back to last season and for the 17th time during his career.
Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F)
- Made his 88th consecutive start and the 91st overall of his career… has played in all 108 games during his Fighting Irish career.
Jerian Grant (Sr./G)
- Has reached double-figures in points in each of his last eight games and 71 times during his career, which are the most for any current Fighting Irish player.
Demetrius Jackson (So./G)
- His 17-point outing marked the fourth straight game and fifth time this season that he has scored in double figures … His four-game double-figure scoring streak is the longest of his career … has netted double-figures 12 times during his career.