Nov. 23, 2014
– This was the first time that Notre Dame did not score 80 points in a game this season. The Irish topped the 80-plus point mark in each of its first four games.
– This was the 27th meeting between Notre Dame and Providence … The Irish lead the all-time series 16-11 … This was the first meeting between the two schools since the 2012-13 season (Notre Dame’s final as a member of the BIG EAST Conference) … The Irish have won nine of the last 11 meetings, but Providence has won the last two … This was just the second meeting between the two schools on a neutral floor.
– Notre Dame is now 3-12 all-time playing in the state of Connecticut.
– Demetrius Jackson (So./G), Jerian Grant (Sr./G), Steve Vasturia (So./G), Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F) and Zach Auguste (Jr./F) started today’s contest … that quintet has started all five games this season.
– Notre Dame is now 202-67 all-time versus teams that now comprise the BIG EAST Conference.
– Providence shot a season-best 56.0 percent against the Irish.
– Notre Dame owned a 29-23 advantage on the boards … The Irish have outrebounded all five of its opponents this season.
– Notre Dame shot a season-low 50.0 percent from the field … The Irish have shot 50.0 percent or better in all five contests.
– A three-pointer from Pat Connaughton in the first half upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 514.
– All five of Notre Dame starters — Jerian Grant (20), Zach Auguste (15), Pat Connaughton (13), Steve Vasturia (11) and Demetrius Jackson (11) all scored in double figures … It marked the second time in three games that the Irish had five double-figure scorers in a game and the first time this season that all five starters scored in double figures.
– LaDontae Henton’s 38 points was the first 35-plus point performance against the Irish since Marshon Brooks of Providence scored 52 on Feb. 23, 2011 in a 94-93 Notre Dame win at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center.
– Notre Dame is 12-12 all-time under Mike Brey in games decided by a one point.
Zach Auguste (Jr./F)
– Scored in double-figures for the sixth straight game dating back to last season and for the 16th time during his career.
Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F)
– Registered his third double-double of the season and ninth of his career … Reached double figures for the 52nd time in his career.
– Made his the consecutive start and the 90th overall of his career… has played in all 107 games during his Fighting Irish career.
Jerian Grant (Sr./G)
– Scored 20 points and netted 20-plus points for the second straight game … has scored 20 or more points 16 times during his career … registered back-to-back 20-plus point outings for the third time in his career.
– He has reached double-figures in points in each of his last seven games and 70 times during his career, which are the most for any current Fighting Irish player.
Demetrius Jackson (So./G)
– His 11-point outing marked the third straight game and fourth time this season that he has scored in double figures … His three-game double-figure scoring streak matches the longest of his career … has netted double-figures 11 times during his career.
Steve Vasturia (So./G)
– Scored a season-high and scored in double figures for the fifth time in his career.