Nov. 19, 2014
– Notre Dame’s 104 points were the most since the 104-101 five-overtime victory over Louisville on Feb. 9, 2013 … they were the most points in a regulation contest since the Fighting Irish had 106 against Sacred Heart on Dec. 19, 2011 (106-65) … it was the first time the Irish eclipsed the 100-point mark since a 101-67 win over Cornell on Dec. 1, 2013 … this marked the 17th time Notre Dame has scored 100 or more points in the Mike Brey era (since 2000-01).
– The Fighting Irish had five players score in double-figures (Zach Auguste 21, V.J. Beachem 19, Jerian Grant 15, Martinas Geben 12, Demetrius Jackson 10) … it marked the first time Notre Dame had five double-figure scorers since Nov. 24, 2013 (a 93-60 win over Army).
– Notre Dame made its first nine shots of the game … the Fighting Irish led 53-23 at halftime … it was the largest halftime lead for the Irish since they also were up by 30 (51-21) versus Stetson on Nov. 10, 2013.
– Notre Dame’s 53 first-half points were the most opening-half points for the Irish since they went for 62 against Georgia Southern on Nov. 12, 2010.
– Zach Auguste was 9-of-9 from the field … that tied a Notre Dame record for the most made field goals without a miss in a single game.
– Notre Dame is off to a 3-0 start for the first time since the 2011-12 campaign and for the ninth time in 15 seasons under head coach Mike Brey.
– The Fighting Irish are 53-1 in their last 54 home games in the month of November.
– Demetrius Jackson (So./G), Jerian Grant (Sr./G), Steve Vasturia (So./G), Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F) and Zach Auguste (Jr./F) started tonight’s contest … that quintet has started all three games this season.
– This was the first meeting between Notre Dame and Coppin State.
– The Fighting Irish improved to 4-0 all-time against teams currently in the Mid Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC).
– A three-pointer from Steve Vasturia in the first half upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 512.
Zach Auguste (Jr./F)
– Scored a career-high 21 points … his previous career-high mark was 20, which occurred Sunday versus Navy … he has established a career-high point total in all three games this season.
– Has led the Fighting Irish in scoring in all three games this season and four times overall during his career.
– Shot 9-of-9 from the field and 3-of-3 from the free throw line.
– Scored in double-figures for the fourth straight game dating back to last season and for the 14th time overall during his career.
V.J. Beachem (So./F)
– Scored a career-high 19 points … it was the second straight game and the fourth time of his career that he’s reached double-figures in points.
– Was 5-of-6 from three-point range.
Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F)
– Had a game-high 12 rebounds … has led the Irish in rebounds in all three games this season … it was the 12th time of his career that he’s pulled down 10 or more rebounds in a game.
– Made his 85th consecutive start and the 88th overall of his career… has played in all 104 games during his Fighting Irish career.
Martinas Geben (Fr./F)
– Scored a career-high 12 points.
Jerian Grant (Sr./G)
– Scored 15 points … has reached double-figures in points in each of his last five games and 68 times during his career, which are the most for any current Fighting Irish player.
Demetrius Jackson (So./G)
– Reached double-figures in points (10 points) for the second time this season and for the ninth time of his career.