Feb. 7, 2015
- The setback moved Notre Dame to 21-4 overall and 9-3 in ACC play.
- The 30-point setback was Notre Dame’s largest since a 31-point loss at Connecticut (101-70) on Jan. 12, 1999.
- Duke’s 90 points are the most Notre Dame has allowed since a 98-93 loss at Iowa on Dec. 3, 2013 … they are the most points ever surrendered by the Irish in an ACC game.
- Duke shot 60.8 percent (31-51) from the floor … that is the highest a Notre Dame opponent has shot all season … the Blue Devils shot 81.0 percent (17-21) in the first half … that is the highest an Irish opponent has ever shot in any half during Mike Brey’s tenure.
- Duke led 50-24 at halftime … the Fighting Irish are 5-2 this season when down at the intermission.
- Notre Dame’s 24 first-half points were the fewest in any half since the Irish netted 19 points in the second half at Virginia on Feb. 22, 2014 … they were the least amount of first-half points for Notre Dame since a 23-point output against North Carolina on Feb. 8, 2014.
- Duke’s 50 first-half points were the most Notre Dame has allowed in any half since surrendering 52 first-half points to Iowa on Dec. 3, 2013.
- Notre Dame is 9-17 under Mike Brey versus teams ranked in the top-5 of the AP poll … the Irish are 1-2 against top-5 teams this season and 3-2 versus all ranked foes.
- Today was the 24th meeting all-time between Notre Dame and Duke and the third as ACC counterparts … Duke leads the series 20-4, but the Irish own a 2-1 edge in ACC play … this was Notre Dame’s first trip to Duke since Jan. 26, 1994 … the Irish are 0-7 all-time at Duke … Notre Dame head coach Mike Brey is 2-2 versus Duke during his Fighting Irish tenure (2-3 all-time).
- Demetrius Jackson (So./G), Jerian Grant (Sr./G), Steve Vasturia (So./G), Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F) and Zach Auguste (Jr./F) started today’s contest … the Irish are 19-4 this season with that starting quintet.
- A three-pointer from Steve Vasturia in the first half upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 534.
Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F)
- Made his 107th consecutive start and his 110th career start overall … has played in all 126 games during his Notre Dame career.
Demetrius Jackson (So./G)
- Scored in double-figures (11 points) for the 21st time this season (10th ACC game) and the 28th time of his career.
Steve Vasturia (So./G)
- Netted double-figures (a team-high 15 points) for the third straight game and 12th time this season (six ACC games) … his three-game double-figure scoring streak matches a career best that he achieved earlier this season and it also is the longest active streak for the Irish … has 16 career double-digit performances.