Nov. 15, 2014
Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center – Notre Dame, Ind.
- Notre Dame head coach Mike Brey earned his 400th career win. Beginning his 20th season as a head coach. Brey is 400-211 (.655) all-time.
- Notre Dame held its opponent under 40 points tonight for just the third time in Mike Brey’s 15-year tenure as head coach and the first time since 2007. Notre Dame defeated Charleston Southern, 54-38, on Nov. 26, 2004, at Purcell Pavilion and downed Monmouth, 76-33, on Nov. 16, 2007, in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- The 43-point margin of victory tonight is the most lopsided Notre Dame win since the Irish dropped Northern Illinois by 46 points, 108-62, on Dec. 8, 2007, at Purcell Pavilion. Tonight is the 10th time that the Irish have won a game by at least 43 points under Mike Brey’s watch.
- The Irish improve to 51-1 at home in November under Mike Brey.
- Notre Dame claims the first meeting against Binghamton.
- Notre Dame now stands at 13-0 against America East competition. Brey has a historical familiarity with the league, having served as head coach at Delaware from 1995-2000.
- Tonight is Mike Brey’s 400th career victory as a collegiate head coach. His record stands at 400-211 (.655) one game into his 20th season (15th at Notre Dame plus five at Delaware). It is his 301st victory for the Irish. Brey is one of just 16 active head coaches with at least 300 Division I victories at their current institution.
- The Irish improve to 92-18 (.836) in their 110 season openers and 15-0 under Mike Brey. Since the opening of Purcell Pavilion, The Irish are 41-6 (.872) is season-openers at home.
- Notre Dame’s defense made 14 steals tonight while the Bearcats had none. The Irish forced 19 turnovers while committing just seven of their own.
- Notre Dame’s shooting percentage of .552 tonight is its best since shooting .565 against Army on Nov. 24, 2013.
Pat Connaughton, Sr., G/F
- Connaughton crossed the 1000 career point plateau on a three-pointer with 16:09 left in the second half. He is the 56th Notre Dame player to reach this milestone. He now has 1,007 career points.
- He is the second active Irish player to cross the 1,000-ppoint barrier, joining Jerian Grant who now has 1,125.
- Connaughton had his eighth career double-double tonight, grabbing 10 rebounds to accompany his 17 points.
- Zach Auguste, Jr., F
- Auguste scored a career-high 19 points tonight. That eclipsed the 15 points he poured in against Marquette on March 2, 2013. Demetrius Jackson, So., G
- Jackson had a career-high six assists tonight. His previous career benchmark was five at Miami on Feb. 19, 2014.