Dec. 22, 2014
- This was the fifth meeting all-time between Notre Dame and Northern Illinois and the first since a 108-62 Irish win on Dec. 8, 2007 … the Fighting Irish have won the last three encounters and lead the series 4-1 … all five contests have taken place at Notre Dame.
- Notre Dame improved to 56-17 all-time against teams currently in the Mid-American Conference.
- Notre Dame upped its win streak to eight games, which is the longest for the Irish since they won 12 straight during the 2012-13 season (Nov. 17, 2012-Jan. 7, 2013).
- The Fighting Irish never trailed in tonight’s contest … it was the fourth time this season Notre Dame did not trail in a game (Coppin State, Fairleigh Dickinson, Mount St. Mary’s).
- Notre Dame was 12-of-28 (42.9%) from three-point range … it marked the third time this season the Irish have made 10 or more three-pointers in a game.
- Notre Dame had five double-figure scorers (Connaughton 21, Auguste 16, Jackson 16, Grant 11, Vasturia 10) … it was the fourth game this season the Irish had at least five double-figure scorers … the Fighting Irish have had at least four players reach double-figures in 12 of 13 games this season.
- The Fighting Irish shot 58.9% (33-56) from the field … Notre Dame has shot 50.0% or above in 12 of 13 games this season.
- Tonight was the second straight game and the sixth time this season the Fighting Irish scored 90 or more points.
- Demetrius Jackson (So./G), Jerian Grant (Sr./G), Steve Vasturia (So./G), Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F) and Zach Auguste (Jr./F) started tonight’s contest … that quintet has started all 13 games this season.
- Notre Dame led 48-35 at halftime … the Irish are 12-0 this season when leading at the intermission.
- A three-pointer by Pat Connaughton in the first half upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 522.
Zach Auguste (Jr./F)
- Scored in double-figures (16 points) for the fifth straight game and the 11th time this season … it was the 22nd double-figure scoring effort of his career.
- Shot 7-of-7 from the field … it was the third time he’s been perfect from the field this season (9-9 vs. Coppin State, 5-5 vs. Grambling State).
V.J. Beachem (So./F)
- Returned to the court after missing the last five games with an injury … played 11 minutes off the bench and scored eight points.
Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F)
- Posted his second straight double-double with 21 points and 10 rebounds (both game-high figures) … he has a team-best four double-doubles this season and 11 during his career, which are the most for any current Irish player … this was the second time of his career that he’s had a double-double in back-to-back games.
- Tonight was the first time this season and the ninth time of his career that he’s scored 20-plus points in a game … he is the fourth different Irish player to reach the 20-point plateau this season (Auguste, Grant, Jackson are the others).
- He scored in double-figures for the 10th time this season and the 58th time of his career … he has reached double-figures in each of the last two games.
- He has hauled down 10-plus rebounds five times this season (a team-high total) and 15 times in his career.
- Made a season-high five three-pointers (on nine attempts).
- Made his 95th consecutive start and the 98th overall of his career… has played in all 114 games during his Fighting Irish career.
Jerian Grant (Sr./G)
- Scored 11 points … has reached double-figures in points in each of his last 15 games and 78 times during his career, which are the most of any current Fighting Irish player.
- He is the only Irish player to score in double-figures in all 13 games this season.
Demetrius Jackson (So./G)
- Netted 16 points … it marked the 11th time this season (fourth straight game) and the 18th time of his career that he’s scored in double-figures.
Steve Vasturia (So./G)
- Scored in double-figures (10 points) for the sixth time this season (second straight game) and the 10th time of his career … he has reached double-figures five times in the last six games.