Feb. 4, 2015
- The win improved Notre Dame to 21-3 overall and 9-2 in ACC play.
- Notre Dame’s 21-3 record is the best 24-game start for the program since the 1978-79 team also posted a 21-3 mark.
- The 9-2 ACC record matches Notre Dame’s best 11-game start in conference play … the 2000-01 Irish squad began BIG EAST action 9-2.
- Nine of Notre Dame’s 11 ACC games this season have been decided by eight points or less … the Irish are 7-2 in those contests.
- The Fighting Irish were 10-of-21 (47.6%) from three-point range … it marked the eighth time this season Notre Dame made 10 or more three-pointers in a game (fourth time in an ACC contest).
- Notre Dame only turned the ball over nine times … it was the 14th time this season (seventh ACC game) the Irish had less than 10 turnovers in a game.
- The Fighting Irish were 25-of-50 (50.0%) from the field … Notre Dame has shot 50 percent or above from the floor in 17 of 24 games this season (five times in ACC play).
- Notre Dame led 41-25 at halftime … the Fighting Irish are 16-2 this season when ahead at the intermission.
- Notre Dame’s 41 first-half points were the most ever for the Irish in the opening half of an ACC game.
- The Fighting Irish were 7-of-12 from three-point range in the first half … the seven treys tied the most-ever for the Irish in any half of an ACC game.
- Tonight was the 24th meeting all-time between Notre Dame and Boston College and the third as ACC counterparts … the Irish have won the last four encounters and lead the series 14-10 … the Fighting Irish have won eight of the last nine showdowns overall and each of the last seven at Notre Dame … Boston College is 4-10 all-time at Notre Dame … Fighting Irish head coach Mike Brey is 6-1 all-time versus the Eagles.
- Demetrius Jackson (So./G), Jerian Grant (Sr./G), Steve Vasturia (So./G), Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F) and Zach Auguste (Jr./F) started tonight’s contest … the Irish are 19-3 this season with that starting quintet.
- A three-pointer from Pat Connaughton in the first half upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 533.
- The Fighting Irish are 12-1 this season when wearing white uniforms.
Zach Auguste (Jr./F)
- Scored in double-figures (16 points) for the 19th time this season (eight ACC games) … has 30 career double-digit efforts.
Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F)
- Scored in double-figures (11 points) for the 20th time this season (nine ACC games) … has 68 double-digit efforts during his career.
- Made his 106th consecutive start and his 109th career start overall … has played in all 125 games during his Notre Dame career.
Jerian Grant (Sr./G)
- Scored in double-figures (17 points) for the seventh straight game and the 22nd time this season (ninth ACC game) … the seven-game double-figure scoring streak currently is the longest on the team … has 87 career double-digit efforts.
- Had game-high totals for assists (7) and steals (4).
- Was 4-of-6 from three-point range.
Demetrius Jackson (So./G)
- Pulled down a career-high 10 rebounds … he is the third different Irish player with 10 or more rebounds in a game this season (Auguste and Connaughton are the others).
Steve Vasturia (So./G)
- Netted double-figures (17 points) for the second straight game and 11th time this season (five ACC games) … has 15 career double-digit performances.
- The 17 points matched the most he’s ever scored in an ACC game.
- Was 7-of-9 from the field, including 3-of-5 from three-point range.