Jan. 28, 2015
- No. 4 Duke is the highest-ranked opponent the Fighting Irish have defeated since they topped No. 1 Syracuse, 67-58, on Jan. 21, 2012.
- This was the first matchup between two top-10 teams at Purcell Pavilion since No. 10 Notre Dame defeated No. 4 Pittsburgh, 66-64, on Feb. 9, 2003.
- The Fighting Irish are 6-1 in their last seven home games against AP top-10 teams … Notre Dame is 14-7 at home versus AP top-10 teams under head coach Mike Brey.
- Notre Dame’s 20-2 record is the best 22-game start for the Fighting Irish since the 1973-74 team posted a 21-1 mark … Notre Dame’s 8-1 ACC record is the program’s best nine-game mark in conference play (BIG EAST & ACC).
- The Fighting Irish have won at least 20 games eight times in the last nine seasons … Notre Dame has won at least 20 games in 11 of head coach Mike Brey’s 15 seasons with the program.
- Notre Dame trailed 65-55 with 10:58 left, but responded with a 12-0 run to take the lead with 6:23 left … the Irish have overcome a deficit of 10 points or larger en route to a victory four times in the last five games.
- Duke led 39-36 at halftime … the Irish are 5-1 this season when trailing at the intermission … four of those wins have come in the last five games.
- Tonight was the 23rd meeting all-time between Notre Dame and Duke and the second as ACC counterparts … … Duke leads the series 19-4, but the Irish have won the last two showdowns … the series is tied 4-4 in games played at Notre Dame … Notre Dame head coach Mike Brey is 2-1 versus Duke during his Fighting Irish tenure (2-2 all-time) … Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski is 19-2 all-time against his former assistants who are head coaches … Brey is responsible for both losses.
- Notre Dame is 6-1 this season in games decided by five points or fewer.
- Jerian Grant (23 points, 12 assists) and Pat Connaughton (13 points, 12 rebounds) both had double-doubles … it’s the first time Notre Dame has had two players with double-doubles since Jan. 11, 2014 (Garrick Sherman & Pat Connaughton at Georgia Tech).
- Notre Dame had an assist on 17 of its 29 field goals … it’s the ninth time this season the Irish have had at least 17 assists in a game.
- Demetrius Jackson (So./G), Jerian Grant (Sr./G), Steve Vasturia (So./G), Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F) and Zach Auguste (Jr./F) started tonight’s contest … the Irish are 18-2 this season with that starting quintet.
- A three-pointer from Demetrius Jackson in the first half upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 531.
- The Fighting Irish are 11-1 this season when wearing white uniforms.
Zach Auguste (Jr./F)
- Scored in double-figures (14 points) for the 17th time this season (six ACC games) … has 28 career double-digit efforts.
Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F)
- Registered his team-best seventh double-double of the season (third in ACC play) with 13 points and 12 rebounds … has 14 career double-doubles, which are the most of any current Irish player.
- Scored in double-figures for the 19th time this season (eighth ACC game) and the 67th time of his career … he has reached double-figures in each of the last 11 games, which is a career-best streak and is the longest active streak for the Irish.
- Pulled down 10-plus rebounds for the eighth time this season and the 18th time of his career.
- Made his 104th consecutive start and his 107th career start overall … has played in all 123 games during his Notre Dame career.
Jerian Grant (Sr./G)
- Notched his second double-double of the season (sixth of his career) with 23 points and a career-high 12 assists … both marks were game-high totals.
- His 12 assists are the most for a Notre Dame player since Eric Atkins had 13 versus Kennesaw State on Dec. 19, 2012, and they were the most ever for an Irish player in an ACC game.
- It’s the first time a Notre Dame player has posted a 20-point, 10-assist game since Grant notched 22 points and 10 assists versus Chicago State on Nov. 26, 2012.
- Scored 20-plus points for the second straight game and for a team-best eighth time this season (four ACC games) … has scored 20 or more points 22 times during his career.
- It’s the third time this season he’s scored 20-plus points in back-to-back games.
- Scored in double-figures for the fifth straight game and the 20th time this season (seventh ACC game) … has 85 career double-digit efforts.
- Has dished out 10 or more assists in a game twice this season and six times during his career.
- Played every minute for the second straight game.
- Added six rebounds, three steals and a career-high tying two blocked shots.
Demetrius Jackson (So./G)
- Scored in double-figures (10 points) four the fourth straight game … has reached double-figures 19 times this season (eight times in ACC play) and on 26 occasions during his career.