Jan. 10, 2015
- The Fighting Irish had their 11-game win streak snapped … it was the program’s third-longest win streak under head coach Mike Brey (since 2000-01).
- Tonight’s loss snapped Notre Dame’s five-game home win streak against teams ranked in the top 10 of the Associated Press poll … the Irish are 13-7 at home against AP top-10 teams under head coach Mike Brey.
- Notre Dame is 5-6 in its last 11 showdowns with AP top-10 teams … the Fighting Irish are 18-29 against AP top-10 foes under Mike Brey.
- Tonight was the ninth meeting all-time between Notre Dame and Virginia and the third as ACC counterparts … the Cavaliers have won eight straight versus the Irish and lead the series 8-1.
- Notre Dame was 10-of-24 from three-point range … it was the sixth time this season (fourth time in the last five games) the Irish made 10 or more three-pointers in a contest.
- The Fighting Irish only committed six turnovers … it signified the 10th time this season (second straight game) Notre Dame had fewer than 10 turnovers in a game.
- Notre Dame’s 56 points were a season low (previous low 71 versus North Carolina on Monday) … the Fighting Irish shot a season-low 33.9% (20-59) from the field.
- Notre Dame led 27-24 at halftime … the Irish are 14-1 this season when leading at the intermission.
- The Fighting Irish trailed 16-6 before going on a 13-0 run in the first half … Notre Dame held Virginia without a point for 7:07 during that stretch.
- Demetrius Jackson (So./G), Jerian Grant (Sr./G), Steve Vasturia (So./G), Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F) and Zach Auguste (Jr./F) started tonight’s contest … that quintet has started all 17 games this season.
- A three-pointer from Demetrius Jackson early in the first half upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 526.
- The Fighting Irish are 2-1 versus ranked teams this season and 51-74 under Mike Brey.
V.J. Beachem (So./F)
- Scored all 12 of his points in the first half … it was the fourth time this season and the sixth time of his career (third time in an ACC game) that he’s scored in double-figures.
- Was 3-of-6 from three-point range … is 6-of-10 from beyond the three-point arc in the last two games.
- Tied a career-high mark with four rebounds.
Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F)
- His 21 points tied a season-high total … netted 20-plus points for the second time this season and the 10th time of his career (sixth time in a conference game).
- Scored in double-figures for the 14th time this season and the 62nd time of his career … he has reached double-figures in each of the last six games, which ties a season-long streak.
- Connected on a game-best four three-pointers (on nine attempts).
- Pulled down a game-high tying eight rebounds.
- Made his 99th consecutive start … he has played in all 118 games during his Notre Dame career (102 starts).
Demetrius Jackson (So./G)
- Netted 12 points … has scored in double-figures in each of the last eight games, which is a career-best streak and the longest active streak for the Irish … it was the 15th time this season and the 22nd time of his career that he’s scored in double-figures.
- Did not commit a turnover for the second straight game.