Nov. 22, 2009
Notre Dame vs. Liberty
Nov. 22, 2009 – Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center – Notre Dame, Ind.
- This is the first meeting between Notre Dame and Liberty. The Irish are now 1-0 against the Flames.
- Notre Dame is 3-1 against teams from the Big South Conference.
- The Irish have scored at least 80 points in their first four games this season. The last time Notre Dame accomplished that feat was in the 1978-79 season.
- Notre Dame is 4-0 to start the season for the second straight year. The last time the Irish notched 4-0 back-to-back starts was in 2001-02 and 2002-03.
- With his 32 points against Liberty, senior forward Luke Harangody recorded his 10th career game with at least 30 points and stands fifth on Notre Dame’s all-time 30+-point performance list.
- Harangody also took over sole possession of fourth place on Notre Dame’s 20+-point performance list with 49 for his career.
- Harangody needs just 70 points to become the seventh Notre Dame player to score 2,000 points. He currently has 1,930 career points, good enough for seventh in the Notre Dame record books.
- Harangody was 10-10 (1.000) from the charity stripe, becoming Notre Dame’s 13th player to shoot 1.000 from the free-throw line in a single game (minimum 10 attempts).
- With his 10 free throws made against the Flames, Harangody moved into eighth place on Notre Dame’s all-time free throws made list with 452 for his career.
- Junior guard Tyrone Nash set a new career high with 12 points against Liberty.
- Junior forward Carleton Scott grabbed a career-high six rebounds.
- Freshman forward Jack Cooley scored the first points of his collegiate career with two against Liberty.
- Freshman forward Mike Broghammer set a new career high with three rebounds.