Nov. 5, 2013
- Saturday, November 9, 2013
- 8:12 p.m. ET
- Heinz Field (65,050); Pittsburgh, Pa.
- ABC national telecast with Brent Musburger (play-by-play), Kirk Herbstreit (analysis), Heather Cox (sideline), Bill Bonnell (producer) and Derek Mobley (director).
- IMG College Sports is the exclusive national rights-holder for Irish football radio broadcasts. IMG College manages, produces and syndicates the Irish national football radio network. Notre Dame games will be broadcast by Don Criqui (play-by-play), former Irish great Allen Pinkett (analysis) and Jeff Jeffers (sideline). This broadcast can be heard live on both SIRIUS and XM Satellite Radio (channel 129).
- All games can be heard in South Bend on News & Sports Radio 96.1 FM & 960 AM WSBT.
- Notre Dame has played in front of sellout crowds in 262 of its previous 306 games (.856) overall. Notre Dame has played before 633 sellouts in 907 total games (.698) since 1930.
- Saturday’s game has yet to sell out.
Web Sites, SOCIAL MEDIA
- Notre Dame (UND.com…@NDFootball), Pittsburgh (PittsburghPanthers.com…@GoPittFootball)
- Notre Dame is ranked No. 24 in the Associated Press poll and No. 25 in the USA Today Coaches’ poll . The Irish are No. 23 in the BCS standings. Pittsburgh is not ranked in any of the three polls.
- Live in-game stats will be provided through CBS College Sports GameTracker via UND.com.
- Notre Dame and Pitt will meet for the 69th time on Saturday. The Irish lead 47-20-1 (.699) in what ranks as the school’s fifth-longest series, behind only Navy (87 games), Purdue (85), USC (85) and Michigan State (77). Notre Dame has won seven of the last nine meetings in Pittsburgh.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR
- Notre Dame has won 27 of its last 31 regular season games Â- good for a .871 winning percentage – since starting 0-2 in 2011. Only two FBS schools have a better regular season winning percentage over the same span: Oregon (29-2, .935) and Alabama (29-2, .935).
COUNTDOWN TO KICKOFF
14 Senior QB Tommy Rees has 14 completions of at least 32 yards. Irish signal callers recorded 11 such passes in 2012.
13 Notre Dame is 13-0 under Brian Kelly when it does not commit a turnover in the contest.
12 Notre Dame has played 20 games decided by a TD or less since the arrival of Brian Kelly in 2010. The Irish went 2-5 in the first seven games, but have since gone 12 games over .500 at 13-1.
11 Notre Dame has been without the services at one time or another (due to injury) of 11 different defensive players that opened the year in the Notre Dame two-deep depth chart.
10 Notre Dame has won 10 consecutive games under head coach Brian Kelly when the game was decided by a TD or less. He is tied for second with Knute Rockne (1927-30) on the all-time Notre Dame list.
9 The lead changed hands a school record nine times in Notre Dame’s 38-34 win over Navy on Nov. 2.
8 Senior QB Tommy Rees ranks among the top five in school history in eight career passing categories.
7 Notre Dame has allowed an average of 18.85 points/game over the last four seasons combined. Only seven Bowl Championship Series AQ schools rank higher.
6 Notre Dame has allowed just seven sacks over its first nine games and ranks tied for sixth in the FBS in fewest sacks allowed.
5 Notre Dame has won 27 of its last 33 games. The Irish have the fifth-best FBS winning percentage along the way.
4 Freshmen WRs Corey Robinson and William Fuller each had a TD grab in the 45-10 rout of Air Force. It marked just the fourth time in school history that two freshmen caught a TD pass in the same game.
3 Freshman RB Tarean Folston rushed for 140 yards on 18 carries vs. Navy on Nov. 2, which ranks as the third most by a freshman in school history.
2 Senior LT Zack Martin has started all 48 games for the Irish over the last four years, which ranks second in school history.
1 With one more win this season, Brian Kelly would become the first Notre Dame coach ever to win at least eight games in each of his first four seasons.
0 No team in the FBS has an active streak longer than Notre Dame’s run of 10 straight victories when the game has been decided by a touchdown or less.