Nov. 17, 2015
University of Notre Dame Men’s Basketball
No. 18 Notre Dame 86, Milwaukee 78
Nov. 17, 2015
Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center – Notre Dame, Indiana
- Notre Dame improved to 2-0 all-time against Milwaukee. The Fighting Irish are 49-6 against current members from the Horizon League.
- Notre Dame is now 59-1 (0.983) at home in the month of November under Mike Brey.
- Brey is 334-165 during his career at Notre Dame and 433-217 overall as head coach.
- Bonzie Colson (So./F), Steve Vasturia (Jr./G), Zach Auguste (Sr./F), Demetrius Jackson (Jr./G) and V.J. Beachem (Jr./F) started the contest for Notre Dame. The Irish are 2-0 this season with that starting quintet.
- Five players scored in double figures for the Irish: Jackson (20), Beachem (19), Auguste (17), Vasturia (13), Colson (12).
- With a three-pointer at the 10:23 mark of the first half, V.J. Beachem extended the Irish streak to 549 consecutive games with a three-point field goal.
- Trailing by 29-25 in the first half, Notre Dame went on a 12-0 run spanning 3:46 of play to build a 37-29 lead. Milwaukee committed four turnovers during that period.
- Notre Dame led 39-31 at halftime. The team is 2-0 this season when leading after the first half.
- Notre Dame shot 57 percent from the field on 32-of-56 shooting.
- The Irish posted 44 points in the paint compared to 24 points from Milwaukee.
- The Irish scored 13 points off 12 Milwaukee turnovers.
- Notre Dame outrebounded Milwaukee, 28-27. The Irish are 2-0 this season when outrebounding opponents.
- Milwaukee guard Akeem Springs led all scorers with 21 points.
Demetrius Jackson (Jr./G)
- Led the Irish with 20 points. Complementing his career-high 27-point performance against St. Francis (Pa.), the game marked the first time Jackson has posted back-to-back 20-plus point efforts. It was the sixth time overall in his career.
- The point total was also the 39th double figure outing of Jackson’s career.
V.J. Beachem (Jr./F)
- Beachem registered the 12th double figure outing of his collegiate career.
- He tied a career-high with 19 points. The last time Beachem set the mark was versus Coppin State (11/19/14).
- Registering 35 minutes of action against Milwaukee, Beachem registered a career high in time earned. Previously, he saw 31 minutes of playing time versus Miami (1/17/15).
- With eight rebounds, Beachem earned a career high. He topped his previous mark of six rebounds, which was recorded in the season-opener versus St. Francis.
- He posted one blocked shot, a career high. Beachem has blocked a shot on seven occasions with the Irish overall.
Steve Vasturia (Jr./G)
- Vasturia totaled 13 points in the contest, recording his 27th outing in double figures.
- Posting four assists, Vasturia tied a career high. He has now dished off four assists on four occasions.
Zach Auguste (Sr./F)
- Auguste scored 17 points, which was the 41st double figure outing in his career.
- The game marked the third occasion August has registered three assists, a career high.
Bonzie Colson (So./F)
- With a connection from behind the arc, Colson tied his career-high one three-point field goal made. He last posted a three-pointer versus Hartford (12/30/14).
- Colson tied a career high in minutes with 26 earned. He has done so on three occasions in his career.
- Colson, with 12 points in the contest, has scored in double figures six times with the Irish.
Matt Farrell (So./G)
- Dishing out two assists, Farrell earned a career high. He previously recorded one on eight occasions.
Matt Ryan (Fr./F)
- Earned five points in 17 minutes during in second collegiate outing.
- Ryan dished out his first assist donning an Irish uniform.