March 7, 2015
University of Notre Dame Men’s Basketball
#12/11 Notre Dame 81, Clemson 67
March 7, 2015
Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center | Notre Dame, Indiana
- The win improved Notre Dame to 26-5 overall and 14-4 in ACC play … the 26 wins are tied for the third-most in program history … the 14-4 ACC mark matches Notre Dame’s top conference record (Irish were 14-4 in BIG EAST in 2007-08 & 2010-11).
- Notre Dame’s 26 regular-season wins are the most for the program since the 1908-09 squad won 33 (33-7).
- Notre Dame scored 80-plus points for the seventh time in an ACC game this season … that currently leads the league (Duke & North Carolina both have scored 80-plus points six times).
- The Fighting Irish never trailed in today’s contest … it was the third time this season Notre Dame did not fall behind in an ACC game.
- The Fighting Irish had an assist on 20 of their 30 made field goals … the 20 assists were the most ever for Notre Dame in an ACC game … it signified the fourth time this season that the Irish had 20 or more assists in a game.
- Notre Dame’s four turnovers matched a season low (Michigan State) and they were the fewest ever for the Irish in an ACC contest.
- The Fighting Irish shot 54.5 percent (30-55) from the field … it was the 20th time this season (eighth in ACC play) Notre Dame shot 50 percent or above from the floor.
- Notre Dame led 38-31 at halftime … the Fighting Irish are 20-2 this season when ahead at the intermission.
- Notre Dame improved to 3-0 all-time versus Clemson (2-0 at Notre Dame).
- Demetrius Jackson (So./G), Jerian Grant (Sr./G), Steve Vasturia (So./G), Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F) and Zach Auguste (Jr./F) started today’s contest … the Irish are 24-5 this season with that starting quintet.
- A three-pointer from Pat Connaughton in the first half upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 540.
Zach Auguste (Jr./F)
- Reached double-figures (19 points) for the 23rd time this season (12 ACC games) … has reached double-digits in points 34 times during his career.
Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F)
- He has made at least one three-pointer in 21 consecutive games, which is the longest streak for any Irish player this season.
- Made his 113th consecutive start and his 116th career start overall … has played in all 132 games during his Notre Dame career … is fourth in school history in games played and tied for fourth in games started.
Jerian Grant (Sr./G)
- Scored in double-figures (19 points) for a team-best 28th time this season (15 ACC games) … has reached double-digits in each of the last six games, which is the longest active streak on the team … has reached double-figures 93 times during his career.
- Had a game-high eight assists … it was his 12th game this season (seventh in ACC play) with eight or more assists … he has dished out seven or more assists in each of the last five contests.
- He has 521 points and 207 assists this season … it’s just the fourth time a Notre Dame player has produced at least 500 points and 200 assists in a single campaign.
Demetrius Jackson (So./G)
- Scored in double-figures (14 points) for the second straight game and the 25th time this season (14 ACC games) … he has reached double-digits 32 times during his career.
Steve Vasturia (So./G)
- Netted double-figures (12 points) for the second straight game and the 16th time this season (10 ACC games) … he has 20 double-figure scoring efforts during his career.