Feb. 10, 2015
University of Notre Dame Men’s Basketball
#10/11 Notre Dame 60, Clemson 58
February 10, 2015
Littlejohn Coliseum – Clemson, S.C.
- The win improved Notre Dame to 22-4 overall and 10-3 in ACC play.
- Notre Dame’s 22-4 record is the best 26-game start for the Irish since the 1980-81 squad also posted a 22-4 mark.
- Notre Dame is 7-2 this season in games decided by five points or less (6-1 ACC) … 10 of Notre Dame’s 13 ACC contests have been decided by eight points or less … the Irish are 8-2 in those games.
- Clemson’s 58 points were the fewest ever surrendered by the Fighting Irish in an ACC game.
- The Fighting Irish have won 10 conference games (BIG EAST & ACC) five times in the last six seasons and 10 times in 15 campaigns under head coach Mike Brey.
- Notre Dame only committed eight turnovers … it marked the 15th time this season (eighth ACC contest) that the Irish had less than 10 turnovers in a game.
- Clemson led 31-29 at halftime … the Fighting Irish are 6-2 this season when down at the intermission … all six wins have come in ACC play.
- Tonight was the second meeting all-time between Notre Dame and Clemson … the Fighting Irish have won both encounters … this was Notre Dame’s first trip to Clemson.
- Demetrius Jackson (So./G), Jerian Grant (Sr./G), Steve Vasturia (So./G), Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F) and Zach Auguste (Jr./F) started tonight’s contest … the Irish are 20-4 this season with that starting quintet.
- A three-pointer from Steve Vasturia in the first half upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 535.
Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F)
- Netted double-figures (14 points) for the 21st time this season (10 ACC games) … has 69 double-figure efforts during his career.
- Was 3-of-6 from three-point range … he has made at least one three-pointer in 16 consecutive games, which is the longest streak for any Irish player this season.
- Made his 108th consecutive start and his 111th career start overall … has played in all 127 games during his Notre Dame career.
- Played all 40 minutes … has played every minute in three games this season.
Jerian Grant (Sr./G)
- Scored a game-high 22 points … has tallied 20 or more points a team-best nine times this season (five ACC games) … has scored 20-plus points 23 times during his career.
- Scored in double-figures for a team-best 23rd time this season (10 ACC games) … has reached double-figures 88 times during his career.
- Was 7-of-7 from the free throw line (was 1-of-7 in last game versus Duke).
- Had a game-high five assists and his three steals were tied for game-high honors … committed just one turnover.
- Played all 40 minutes … has played every minute in five games this season.
Demetrius Jackson (So./G)
- Scored in double-figures (11 points) for the second straight game and the 22nd time this season … has reached double-figures in a team-high 11 ACC games this season … has 29 double-figure efforts during his career.