Sept. 19, 2012
NOTRE DAME, Ind. –
The Monogram Club will host its regular offering of home football weekend events Sept. 21-22 as the 11th-ranked football team prepares for its matchup with No. 18 Michigan on Saturday under the lights.
In addition, more than 60 members of the Notre Dame football 1977 national championship team will celebrate the 35th anniversary of their historic season on campus beginning on Friday. A number of baseball Monogram winners also will return for the program’s annual alumni game, while close to 200 football Monogram winners/senior football managers will form the pre-game football tunnel in Notre Dame Stadium.
A full schedule of Monogram Club events is included below:
Friday, September 21
– Baseball Monogram winners are invited to bring their families to watch practice and meet the 2012-13 Fighting Irish baseball team at 5:00 p.m. at Frank Eck Stadium.
– All dues-paying football Monogram winners and senior football managers are invited to attend the Monogram Club’s Friday Night Football Reception held in the Schivarelli Players’ Lounge located in the north end of Notre Dame Stadium. Football alumni may bring up to four guests to the reception. The lounge is open from 7:00-10:00 p.m.
Saturday, September 22
– All dues-paying Monogram Club members are invited to attend the Club’s pre-game reception beginning at 4:30 p.m. in the Monogram Room. The event runs until kickoff at 7:30 p.m. Dues-paying members may bring up to five guests to the event, which includes an appearance by the Notre Dame cheerleaders and the leprechaun. Complimentary food, drink and a cash bar will be provided. Remember, you must present your membership card to attend the reception.
– Football Monogram winners who have signed up for the pre-game tunnel in Notre Dame Stadium can pick up their pre-game field passes from 4:30 p.m.-6:45 p.m. in the Monogram Room during the Club’s pre-game reception. If you still need to regsiter for the tunnel, contact Monogram Club staff member Sam Bailey at email@example.com.
– Baseball Monogram winners are invited to participate in the program’s annual alumni game at 1:00 p.m. at Frank Eck Stadium. The current Irish team will also practice in the stadium beginning at 9:00 a.m. If you are interested in participating in the game, please contact Reggie Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– The Club’s post-game Mass will start 30 minutes after the conclusion of the game against Michigan (approx. 11:30 p.m.-midnight) and will be led by athletics department chaplain Rev. Paul Doyle C.S.C. (’65) in the Monogram Room. Doors open for the Mass as soon as the game concludes.
If you have any questions about the above events, please contact the Monogram Club office at (574) 631-5450.
— ND —